Digital Anarchy Releases Primatte Chromakey 3.0 Update for Photoshop
Digital Anarchy, a leading provider of cost-effective graphics software, today announced the release of Primatte Chromakey 3.0 for Photoshop. Primatte Chromakey is the award winning, green/blue screen solution for photography, bringing the power of high-end Film/TV technology to Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. Primatte removes a blue/green background from a still image or footage, leaving the subject against a transparent background with any color cast removed.
“We’re excited to bring serious batch processing capabilities to Primatte”, said Jim Tierney, Digital Anarchy founder. “This is going to be a huge advance for photographers dealing with large volumes of images shot against chromakey.”
Primatte Chromakey excels in preserving important, difficult details like wisps of hair, translucent glass or other materials, and mesh fabrics. This makes it easy to convincingly place the subject on a custom background, then substitute that background as needed. The new version 3.0 adds customer-requested features, like a one-click ‘auto mask’ button, batch processing, better blending between subject and backdrop, and support for Intel Macs and Photoshop CS3.
The ability to batch process has been dramatically improved, allowing users to apply Primatte to hundreds of images via Photoshop’s Actions. Backgrounds can be removed and replaced automatically, providing photographers who shoot school, sports, or event photography with a powerful addition to their workflow. Primatte 3.0 also supports Photoshop CS3’s Smart Objects and Timeline functions, making it possible to use the plugin on video as well as still images.
Great new features in Primatte 3.0 include:
* Batch Processing: Better support for processing large numbers of images via the AutoMask tool and Photoshop Actions.
* AutoMask: Analyzes an image and automatically removes its background, eliminating or reducing the need for manual keying. With properly shot images, hundreds of images can be masked at once.
* Light Wrap: New control panel gives better spill suppression and a more convincing blend of the foreground and background.
* MacIntel Support: Primatte 3.0 fully supports Macintoshes using Intel processors.
* Photoshop CS3 Support: Full support of Smart Objects and video footage via CS3’s new Timeline.
* Improved Tools: A variety of new tools and preview modes are available to speed up the masking process.
* Improved User-Interface: More intuitive interface and keyboard shortcuts for Primatte’s popular tools.