GamePlan GP Net helps schools go green
By Ken Kerschbaumer
With college and university students leading the “going green” movement athletic departments at schools are finding themselves challenged with going green and staying in budget. GamePlan, a developer of software tools for coaching analysis and department manegement, says its GP Net site helps the cause by reducing the need to print and mail documents that could easily be distributed via Intranet and Internet.
“Teams, coaches, and athletic departments can take advantage of both
the time and cost savings of new technology by using GPNet sites,” said
Dave Glover, GamePlan CEO. “Our products are being developed around
what coaches and administrators have requested to make their jobs
easier and we feel that GPNet meets their demands in both function and
cost. If implemented properly, GPNet can save much more money than it
costs in the first year of adoption of the platform while helping
advance the “Green” movement to protect the environment.”
Studies have shown that an average Division 1 Athletic Department will spend approximately $750,000 on over a half-a-million publications and documents per year. That is a lot of money, time and paper that is being wasted that affect the environment with waste, fuel for transport and mailing, disposal of ink cartridges and landfill unfriendly by-products.
Glover says GP Net is a total media distribution and communication platform that serves as an athletic department hub for all communications: calendars, messages, forms, documents and video. GPNet offers the following time, money and environment saving functions:
• Simple wizards to create online forms that replace paper documents, mailing costs and data entry personnel
• Online registration forms for camps, clinics, fundraising events, and internal personnel and HR papaerwork.
• Automated text messaging interfaces that automatically text all groups or specific groups within the organization
• Online directories for staff, alumni, boosters and students
• Discussions, corkboards and forums for easy communication with athletes, coaches, and staff either internally or externally.
• Upload video and pictures which replace costly video tapes or DVDs for players, coaches, boosters, and alumni, and can be created in a fraction of the time.
• Upload files and documents for automated online distribution, virtually eliminating printed documents
• Add calendar items online and set both distribution groups and reminders