Grass Valley Lays Out New Executive Team
Fresh on the heels of its acquisition by Francisco Partners, Grass Valley has announced a new executive team that will be headquartered in San Francisco. Leading the team as President and CEO will be Alain Andreoli.
Alain was most recently an Operating Partner at Francisco Partners, and prior to that has held leadership positions at several technology companies including President of Sun Microsystems Europe, Chairman and CEO of Hubwoo, CEO of Xiotech, EVP Sales & Services at McData, President and COO of Verio, International CVP at Storagetek, as well as several global leadership roles at Texas Instruments.
“This is an exciting time to be taking the helm at Grass Valley,” says Andreoli. “Together with the experienced and talented team at Grass Valley, we have ambitious and exciting plans for the company and I look forward to being a part of this impressive organization – and helping lead the team to new heights of success.”
Jeff Rosica will serve as EVP and chief sales & marketing officer. A Grass Valley vet who previously served as a SVP and the division head for the organization, Jeff will take global responsibility for all customer-facing activities and drive the organization’s marketing functions.
“I’m looking forward to working with Alain and the other members of the leadership team to help drive continued success at Grass Valley” says Rosica. “I am also excited about working closely with our tremendously loyal customer base around the world which can expect an even greater amount of innovation and customer focus from the newly independent Grass Valley.”
In the role of EVP and CFO, the newly appointed Ian Halifax will take responsibility for all G&A functions including Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Legal and IT. He most recently served as CFO at Wind River Systems. Prior to that, he held CFO roles at Micromuse and Macrovision, and began his career with Sun Microsystems in Europe.
In addition, the following key appointments are being confirmed:
- Based in Beaverton, Oregon, Charlie Dunn, Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Editing, Servers & Storage (ESS) Product Group.
- Based in Nevada City, California, Martin Fry, Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Routing & Signal Management (RSM) Product Group.
- Based in Breda, The Netherlands, Marcel Koutstaal, Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Cameras Product Group.
- Based in Nevada City, California, Scott Murray, Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Live Production Solutions (LPS) Product Group.
- Based in Nevada City, California, Dave Perillo, Senior Vice President, Global Operations.
According to Grass Valley, additional members of the core leadership team, as well as further appointments within the extended management team, will be confirmed shortly.