XOS Digital Launches Specialized Football Recruiting Report
XOS Digital, Inc. announced the availability of the XOS Insider Sophomore Report, serving the college football market evaluating recruits as early as their sophomore year of high school.
The first of its kind in the recruiting market, the XOS Insider Sophomore Report will focus on in-depth evaluations of the nations up and coming and most sought after young football recruits.
“Recruiting is becoming so competitive that colleges would like to evaluate players and put them on their radar as early as they possibly can,” said Gary Howard, vice president, XOS Recruiting & Scouting Group. “Our report evaluates sophomore prospects similarly to what an NFL scout would provide for his team.”
In addition to the report itself is the group of scouts that has been assembled by Northeast Sports Consultants (NESC) to produce these in depth evaluations. The group is made up of former college and professional coaches and is led by long time college coach and NFL scouting veteran Al Luginbill. Al has spent time as head coach at San Diego State, defensive coordinator at Arizona State and head coach in the XFL and spent six seasons in NFL Europe. He also spent six years as the group director providing professional scouting for the Denver Broncos. Al currently works with NESC, the organizers of the Under Armour All America Game. XOS Digital is partnering with NESC to create the XOS Insider Sophomore Report.
“The report and grading is derived from evaluating specific football skills at each position,” said Luginbill. “The player’s grade is a projection of his ability to play at the BCS level. Our scouts will be evaluating players earlier than ever before to help give college coaches an earlier look at the prospects.”
“XOS Digital has a national footprint that everyone sees as top of the line,” said David Geaslen, CEO, NESC. “Scouting reports continue to demand technology advancements and the XOS platform not only provides video, but it gives insight into each player’s background and skill set.”
Other members of the XOS Insider Sophomore Report team include:
- Mike Deal: Former pro scout for the Denver Broncos. He also held positions at University of Arizona, Texas, Vanderbilt and Illinois.
- Jim Hilles: Former head coach and defensive coordinator at the University of Wisconsin. He also worked with the Denver Broncos, NFL Europe, CFL and University of Kansas. Expertise is evaluating players on the defensive side of the ball.
- Paul Pawlak: Former pro scout for the New England Patriots. Paul has been in college and professional football for more than 40 years.
- Gene Dahlquist: Former pro scout for the Denver Broncos. He also was a head coach in NFL Europe and previously worked at University of Texas, Illinois, Iowa State and Oregon.
- Shane Waldron: Former coach at Notre Dame and the New England Patriots.
“By joining forces with NESC, XOS has assembled a team of veteran recruiting experts to create the first ever sophomore scouting report,” McCleary said. “This report, led by the venerable Al Luginbill, will be able to provide insight and evaluations that take an inside look at high school athletes earlier than ever.”