PGA Tour Launches Official iPad App
The PGA TOUR has unveiled a free iPad app available for the 2012 golf season. The PGA TOUR HD app, sponsored by Callaway, is available now in the Apple App Store. The app’s centralized dashboard design provides fans with at-a-glance access to exclusive live coverage information including scoring, player statistics and course statistics. The PGA TOUR’s iPad app will offer live streaming video coverage from multiple events in 2012 including the Farmers Insurance Open, as well as video highlights from all PGA TOUR events this year.
“With the continued success of the iPad and our overarching strategy of reaching PGA TOUR fans across multiple platforms, we are very excited about the launch of the official PGA TOUR HD app,” said Tim Finchem, Commissioner of the PGA TOUR. “All of our digital platforms are very important to the way we engage our fans, now and into the
future and this is a great step forward.”
“The PGA TOUR HD app brings a unique golf experience to the fans’ fingertips providing live video coverage, stats and scores in a vivid interface and is a wonderful addition to the PGATOUR.COM digital portfolio,” said Lenny Daniels, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Turner Sports. “We will continue to provide golf enthusiasts with the most comprehensive TOUR coverage across a multitude of platforms.”
In addition to must-have information like live scoring, video, and all the latest social media updates, the new app also provides fans with information on weather conditions, players, tournaments and courses. Designed specifically for the iPad, the app has key features
- Leaderboard/Standings: Full leaderboard stats including: tee times, position, thru hole, FedExCup points, round scores, player country, video highlights and more.
- Player Cards: See player scorecards, stroke-by-stroke detail and live tournament stats for each player.
- Live Streaming Video and Highlights: Access the latest TOUR video including tournament highlights and live video coverage from PGA TOUR events including this week from the Farmers Insurance Open.
- Player Explorer: Discover information about active TOUR players, including an interactive global map.
- Course Info: Explore each week’s course in this interactive feature that includes live data such as rankings, longest drive, longest putt and greens in regulation.
- Stats: Live statistics from every tournament including scoring average, driving distance, driving accuracy, greens in regulation, scrambling percentage and strokes gained putting.
- The TOUR Report: Access to the latest tournament news and information via The TOUR Report that presents live coverage of every PGA TOUR event.
“Callaway’s presenting sponsorship of the PGA TOUR HD app provides a unique platform for the Brand to connect with a passionate golf audience,” said Jason Finley, Director of Marketing, Woods & Irons, Callaway Golf.
As presenting sponsor, Callaway will be featured with ‘presented by’ logo treatments and brand exposure throughout the app.