FOR-A to Show Two Multi-Format Switchers for First Time in Middle East
FOR-A Company Limited, a manufacturer of video and audio systems for the broadcast and professional video industries, will have a strong presence at CABSAT 2012, the largest digital media and satellite expo in the Middle East and Africa (MEA) region.
This year’s trade show is taking place from Feb. 28 through Mar. 1 at the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre in the UAE.
At its booth in Sheikh Saeed Hall 3-Stand S3-19, FOR-A will showcase a wide range of products, two of which are being shown in the Middle East for the first time.
These two HD/SD products—both of which debuted at NAB 2011—include the HVS-4000HS digital video switcher and MFR-3232 routing switcher. A multi-format production switcher available in 2, 2.5, or 3-M/E configurations, the HVS-4000HS integrates a DVE, multiviewer, up/down converter, video file support, and external device control, among other features. Leveraging the format converter, the switcher can mix HD and SD signals up to 48 inputs and 24 outputs. Also in the CABSAT booth will be the HVS-350HS HD/SD 1.5-M/E video switcher – a compact, three-rack unit switcher.
The MFR-3232 is FOR-A’s top of the line model in the MFR-5000 Series of multi-format routing switchers. It scales from 16×16 in one rack-unit to the MFR-3232’s 32×32 capacity in a two rack-unit space. MFR-3232 routers support tight integration with multiviewers as well as a built-in Web server, which provides external control using a browser.
The following products will also be on display at CABSAT:
- FA-9500 multi-purpose signal processor, which serves as a frame synchronizer, up/down/cross/aspect converter, color corrector, and video optimizer, among other signal processing functions in 3G/HD/SD environments.
- VFC-7000 HD Variable Frame Rate Camera capable of high-speed 700 fps HD recordings and slow motion replays
- MV-3200 multiviewer, which provides 3G-SDI, HD-SDI, SD-SDI, analog composite and PC mixed input capability and free-layout window.
- LTR-100HS video archiving recorder, which provides LTO-5 recording for media server applications as well as file-based and long-term storage.
- VRCAM2 sensor-less live virtual studio system
- FVW-500HS HD/SD video writer
All of the products slated for display at CABSAT are new to the market and designed to offer maximum price performance in a compact solution suited to today’s multiformat, multistandard environment.
“We’re looking forward to meeting with broadcasters and video professionals at CABSAT 2012. MEA is one of the fastest growing communications markets in the world,” said Hiro Tanoue, deputy senior general manager, Overseas Sales & Marketing, for FOR-A Company Limited. “For this reason, we’re committed to having a very strong presence in the Middle East, both with our product showcase at CABSAT 2012 and with the opening of our new Dubai office. We opened the Dubai office to provide responsive customer sales and technical support to broadcasters and other A/V professionals across the MEA region.”