NAB 2012: T-VIPS Expands Digital Terrestrial Television Footprint
T-VIPS will launch the TNS547 DTT Monitor for DVB-T and DVB-T2 Networks, which provide end-to-end monitoring for DVB-T and DVB-T2 operators, at NAB. The TNS547 is the newest member of the T-VIPS nSure product line and is designed to ensure the delivery of high-quality video content by simplifying the monitoring and analysis of DVB-T/T2 transport streams and services throughout a terrestrial network. This new solution has been developed in close cooperation with customers and will ship at the end of Q1 2012.
“With the switch off of analogue systems imminent, Quality of Service and reliability in DTT systems are of critical importance. Errors and service breaks need to be detected the second they occur, and that is what we enable with our nSure monitoring and switching solutions,” said Johnny Dolvik, CEO, T-VIPS. “By providing the capability to monitor off-air signals at the transmitter site with the T-VIPS TNS547, we can now offer powerful end-to-end DTT monitoring – from the head-end to the transmitter site – for both DVB-T and DVB-T2 infrastructures.”
The T-VIPS TNS547 provides efficient monitoring of all major interfaces, formats and layers found in DVB terrestrial networks. The monitoring and analysis features enable fast fault-detection and diagnostics either through an intuitive web-based user interface or integration with a network management system.
As broadcast infrastructures become increasingly complex, the TNS547 provides continuous monitoring of relevant QoS parameters at important points in the terrestrial transmission chain. The TNS547 provides an extensive range of RF measurements, T2-MI analysis capabilities (DVB A14-1), IP/Ethernet statistics and EPG/EIT verification. Error detection and alarms are compliant with ETSI TR 101 290 (Pri 1-3) for DVB signals.
· Off-air RF monitoring of signals at DTT transmitter sites
· Simultaneous monitoring of signals in the transmission chain including ASI, IP, T2-MI, and RF
· TS monitoring, error detection and advanced analysis
· 24/7 continuous supervision of signals
· DVB-T/T2 RF monitoring and analysis using two demodulators
· Round-Robin monitoring of up to 16 frequencies (both DVB-T and DVB-T2)
· Monitoring of 6 Transport Streams over ASI or IP
· Transport Stream monitoring and error detection
· Powerful Transport Stream and T2-MI analysis
· Compact and cost-effective with simultaneous, real-time monitoring of 6 multiplexes in 1 RU
· User-friendly configuration and control