NAB 2012: Telestream To Stream Live from Show Floor
Telestream will use its Wirecast live video production and streaming software to broadcast live news and interviews from NAB. Telestream LIVE will be produced and streamed to the web from Telestream Booth SL1405 on Tuesday and Wednesday, April 17 and 18, starting at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time each day. Steve Garfield, author of Get Seen: Online Video Secrets to Building Your Business, and a video blogging pioneer, will host the live webcasts.
“We’re glad to bring Telestream LIVE back to NAB and to be able to bring online video personality, Steve Garfield, to host the show this year,” said Barbara DeHart, VP of marketing at Telestream. “We have an exciting line up of guests and news to bring to our viewers. Telestream LIVE will allow us to share the excitement of the show with those who are unable to be there in person.”
In addition to breaking news from the show floor, Telestream LIVE will feature interviews with Telestream executives and product managers announcing exciting new video transcoding products and capabilities for broadcast, cable/IPTV, post-production, and Internet/OTT.
Telestream LIVE guests will include:
• Mitch Jacobson, director, editor and author of Mastering MultiCamera Techniques discussing his book and live streaming
• NASCAR Media Group representatives and Pipeline product manager, Bill Harris, discussing the launch of Telestream Pipeline Replay live HD video analysis system for the 2012 race season
• Colleen Henry, video engineer at YouTube announcing a new live streaming initiative
• Cary Harrison, KPFK 90.7 Los Angeles PBS radio and GoHarrison.com show host
• Alex Lindsay, chief architect at Pixel Corps, discussing live streaming
• Jose Luis Tamez from CiberlexMedia discussing virtual sets
Wirecast is live video production software for laptop and desktop computers that is available for a fraction of the cost of broadcast hardware equipment. Wirecast works just like a video switcher, controlling real-time switching between multiple cameras while mixing in other media such as pre-recorded video, audio, and graphics. With features such as chroma key, lower thirds, transitions, 3D graphics, and virtual sets, Wirecast offers high production value for the creation of professional webcasts.