SMT, Spike TV Expand Social Media Coverage for E3 2012
SMT, a provider of data integration, graphics presentation, and video enhancement solutions to live sports and entertainment television, is teaming up with Spike TV to present live multi-media and multiplatform coverage of the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2012, the world’s biggest video game industry event of the year, through the network’s “E3 All Access Live” program.
Thanks to technology from SMT, gamers unable to attend the invitation-only trade show June 5-7 at the Los Angeles Convention Center can still connect by tuning into Spike TV, where they can post Twitter and Facebook messages and interact with hosts, including Geoff Keighley and Justine Ezarik, as they respond to posts displayed on SMT’s 65-inch giant touch screen, the GOTO Board.
The GOTO Board can be operated manually or remotely with an SMT-configured wireless tablet. Fans will see their posts displayed on the GOTO or on SMT’s ticker, which will keep viewers in the loop with breaking gaming news, live polling, RSS feeds, and editorial content.
The “E3 All Access Live” GOTO Board features five ways to experience E3 like never before:
· Who’s Winning E3? – Find out which of gaming’s top companies are winning E3 with real-time data results from Twitter, as SMT’s software aggregates millions of tweets and organizes them into an easy-to-understand interface.
· Industry Insiders – A compilation of tweets and Facebook posts from gaming leaders.
· Spectator Mode – A compilation of tweets and Facebook posts by conference-goers and anyone tuned into E3-centered social media conversations.
· VGA 10 to Watch – Together throughout the show, Spike’s “E3 All Access Live” hosts will select their favorite games revealed during the first days of E3, putting them in a top 10 list as their Video Game Awards 10 to watch.
· Pop Block – Join the hosts as they analyze the biggest trailers of E3 with SMT’s telestration feature as they point out and reveal the secrets found in E3’s hottest trailers, all in real-time.
“Our partnership with Spike TV allows us to take our social media integration to another level,” said Don Tupper, vice president of business development at SMT. “As innovators, our job is to constantly push the envelope. We are especially excited to introduce SMT’s new social networking ticker at E3.”
Senior Vice President of Sports & Multi-platform Programming at Spike TV, Jon Slusser, added: “We are always looking for new broadcast technology partners like SMT for our multi-platform programs like “All Access Live.” In partnering with SMT, we provide fans with a real-time way to monitor and, more importantly, engage with all the social media buzz surrounding the gaming industry’s biggest event of the year.”
SMT and Spike TV began their partnership in January covering the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show (CES), and will also team up July 12-15 for Comic-Con International, the world’s largest comic book and popular arts convention.
Spike TV will kick off “E3 All Access Live” Monday, June 4 from noon-5:30 p.m. ET (9 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. PT), followed by a primetime special from 10-11 p.m. ET (7-8 p.m. PT). Spike TV will also broadcast live Tuesday, June 5 from noon-5 p.m. ET (9 a.m.-2 p.m. PT).