UFC President Dana White, Skateboarding Legend/Entreprenuer Tony Hawk To Keynote Sports Entertainment Summit
Variety and Sports Video Group have announced Keynote Conversations with pro skateboarding legend and sports entertainment entrepreneur Tony Hawk and UFC President Dana White at the Sports Entertainment Summit on July 12 at the Renaissance Hotel in Hollywood.
Hawk is a pro skateboarding legend, major philanthropist, and sports entertainment entrepreneur, and is considered the ambassador to the action sports lifestyle. His long list of career highlights include 16 X Games medals, X Games commentator; creating his Activision videogame franchise which has generated 1 billion in sales worldwide; and launching new YouTube Channel Ride this year; among other achievements. Additionally, through his Tony Hawk Foundation, Hawk has worked to serve underprivileged youth, and has granted over $3 million to build over 500 skateparks in 50 states.
As President of the UFC, White has driven the organization to new heights. Last year, White struck a milestone deal with FOX to carry UFC’s events and shows across the network’s channels and platforms. Additionally, the UFC now mounts over 30 live events per year across the world, and counts such ancillary businesses as the UFC Gym ™ branded apparel, UFC magazine, trading cards, articulated action figures and other media including best-selling DVDs, videogames and books.
The Sports Entertainment Summit promises an entire day of high-profile content and speakers. CLICK HERE to register for the Summit now! An Early Bird discounted rate of $549 is available for those who register by Friday, June 15. In addition, SVG members can obtain a special discounted rate by entering the code “SVGmember” upon registration. For more information on the Sports Entertainment Summit, visit variety.com/sportsentertainment.
Fans must watch sports live and across platforms, which is creating a great opportunity for programmers and leagues to strike record-breaking deals and launch new channels; and allow marketers and brands to create deeper sponsorship activation. Growing numbers of social media networks also help fans, athletes, brands, teams, venues, networks and more interact with each other whether in season or off.
Topics for the 2012 Sports Entertainment Summit include:
- State of the Sports and Entertainment Business
- The Multi-Screen Sports Experience: Success with Social Media, Apps, Live Streaming and More
- The Impact of Social Media, Entertainment Programming and Athlete Endorsements
- The Regional and Niche Channel Explosion
- Beyond HD: Glasses-free 3D, 4K, and the Next-Generation of Sports Technology
- Brands and the Multi-Platform Sports World
- The Second Screen Experience – What is the Latest in Sports Apps for Tablets, At Home, In-Venue and More?
- Masters of Sports Talk and Commentary
- Moving Media: File-Transport and Media Management in a Changing Sports Production World
- The Next Great Sports Film
Additional featured speakers include:
- Steve Astephen, President, Action Sports/Lifestyle, Wasserman Media Group
- Charles Coplin, EVP Content, NHL
- Juan Delgado, Managing Director, North America, Perform
- Trevor Doerksen, CEO & Founder, Mobovivo
- Ken Fuchs, VP Yahoo! Media Network – Sports, Games & Entertainment
- Rick Fox, Actor & Former Lakers NBA Champion
- Shawn Green, MLB All-Star & Co-Founder, JockTalk
- George Greenberg, EVP & GM, FUEL TV
- Ken Hershman, President, HBO Sports
- Jason Kint, SVP and GM, CBSSports.com
- John Kosner, EVP and GM, ESPN Digital Media
- Jason La Canfora, NFL Insider on CBS’ THE NFL TODAY
- Burke Magnus, SVP, College Sports Programming, ESPN
- Rachel McLish, Four-Time Ms. Olympia & Star of upcoming TLC series Tighter and Leaner to the Core
- David Nathanson, EVP and GM, Fox Soccer
- Clark Pierce, SVP, Emerging Technology, Fox Sports/Fox Sports Net
- David Rone, President, Time Warner Cable Sports
- Claude Ruibal, Director & Global Sports Head, YouTube
- Eric Shanks, Co-President and COO, Fox Sports Media Group
- Andrew Siciliano, Host, NFL Sunday Ticket on DIRECTV
- Bill Simmons, Sports Columnist & Editor-in-Chief, Grantland
- Gary Stevenson, President, Pac-12 Enterprises
- Josh Snow, Director, Interactive Sports & Apps, DIRECTV
- Picabo Street, Olympic Gold Medalist
- Eric Villain, President, Media & Technology, Ipsos MediaCT
- Richard Whittington, SVP, Media & Entertainment, SAP
The Sports Entertainment Summit is sponsored by Bexel, Grass Valley, Ipsos MediaCT, NewTek, SOS Global Express, Mobovivo, Signiant, SAP and Ooyala.