AEG President/CEO Tim Leiweke To Keynote SVG’s Sports Entertainment Summit
The Sports Video Group is pleased to announce that AEG President and CEO Tim Leiweke will take part in the Opening Keynote Conversation at its Sports Entertainment Summit, presented in association with Variety, July 12 in Los Angeles. Additionally at the Summit, Leiweke will be honored with the inaugural Variety Sports and Entertainment Leadership Award. The event will take place at the Loews Hollywood Hotel (formerly known as the Renaissance).
Under Leiweke’s guidance over the past 17 years, AEG has become one of the world’s top presenters of sports and entertainment across its varied venue, live-event and professional-sports-franchise ownership interests. Leiweke oversees more than 100 elite facilities worldwide, including L.A.’s STAPLES Center, home to four professional sports teams — 2012 Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings, Lakers, Clippers, and Sparks — as well as such recurring events as the Annual Grammy Awards show and the ESPN X Games; AEG’s Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE is the home of such notable awards shows as the Emmys, Espys, People’s Choice, and American Music Awards.
AEG owns the Kings and the Los Angeles Galaxy and also shares ownership with several other pro-sports organizations, including MLS’sHouston Dynamo and two ice-hockey teams in Europe. Leiweke also serves on the Los Angeles Lakers Board of Directors and previously served as president/CEO for U.S. Skiing as well as president of the Denver Nuggets.
Currently, Leiweke is focused on overseeing the ongoing development of L.A. LIVE, the $2.5 billion sports, residential, and entertainment district adjacent to STAPLES Center. The company continues to work toward the development of Farmers Field, a downtown stadium that would be the home of a NFL team.
Leiweke joins a star-studded Sports Entertainment Summit program that offers a trio of SVG-produced afternoon breakout sessions:
- Beyond HD: Glasses-Free 3D, 4K, and the Next-Generation of Sports Technology
- The Second-Screen Sports Experience: At Home, on the Go, and In-Venue
- Moving Media: File-Transport and Media Management in a Changing Sports-Production World
In addition to Leiweke, UFC President Dana White and pro skateboarder and entrepreneur Tony Hawk will deliver keynote presentations at the Summit.
Additional speakers at the Summit include:
- Steve Astephen, President, Action Sports and Olympics, Wasserman Media Group
- Michelle Beadle, 2012 Olympics Correspondent, NBC Sports Group, and Correspondent, Access Hollywood
- Jason La Canfora, the NFL Insider on CBS’s The NFL Today
- Joe Coffaro, VP, Engineering, Fox NE&O/Fox Sports Net
- Mike Conley, Director of Product and Technology, Fox RSN Digital Media
- Charles Coplin, EVP, Content, NHL
- Juan Delgado, Managing Director, North America, Perform
- Trevor Doerksen, CEO/Founder, Mobovivo
- Rick Fox, Actor/Former Lakers NBA Champion
- Ken Fuchs, VP, Yahoo! Media Network – Sports, Games, & Entertainment
- Shawn Green, MLB All-Star and Co-Founder, JockTalk
- George Greenberg, EVP and GM, FUEL TV
- Lou Greco, EVP, Sales, iStreamPlanet
- Ken Hershman, President, HBO Sports
- Eien Hyett, Director of Post Production, Fox Networks Group
- Ted Kenney, Director of Production, 3ality Technica
- Jason Kint, SVP/GM, CBSSports.com
- John Kosner, EVP and GM, ESPN Digital Media
- Liz Kruger, Creator & Executive Producer, Necessary Roughness
- Michael Luisi, President, WWE Studios
- Burke Magnus, SVP, College Sports Programming, ESPN
- Maura Mandt, Executive Producer, ESPYs
- Rachel McLish, Four-Time Ms. Olympia and Star, Upcoming TLC series Tighter and Leaner to the Core
- David Nathanson, EVP and GM, Fox Soccer
- Clark Pierce, SVP, Digital Media, Fox Sports Media Group
- David Rone, President, Time Warner Cable Sports
- Claude Ruibal, Director and Global Sports Head, YouTube
- Becky Sendrow, Agent, CAA
- Eric Shanks, Co-President and COO, Fox Sports Media Group
- Craig Shapiro, Creator and Executive Producer, Necessary Roughness
- Andrew Siciliano, Host, NFL Sunday Ticket on DIRECTV
- Bill Simmons, Sports Columnist and Editor in Chief, Grantland
- Tim Smith, Manager, Professional Video Products, Canon
- Josh Snow, Director of Interactive Sports and Apps, DirecTV
- Gary Stevenson, President, Pac-12 Enterprises
- Picabo Street, U.S. Olympian
- Zane Stoddard, Managing Director, Entertainment Marketing & Business Development, NASCAR
- Eric Villain, President of Media and Technology, Ipsos MediaCT
- Jon Weinbach, Producer, The Other Dream Team, and Executive Producer, Mandalay Sports Media
- Richard Whittington, SVP, Media & Entertainment, SAP
- Rob Willox, Director of Marketing, Sony Electronics
- Jonathan Wilner, Senior Director, Business Product Management, Ooyala
The Summit is sponsored by Bexel, Grass Valley, Ipsos, NewTek, SOS Global Express, Mobovivo, Signiant, SAP, and Ooyala.
More details about the summit, including registration, speaking, advertising and sponsorship opportunities, can be found at www.variety.com/sportsentertainment.