Aframe Helps Clean Cut Media Deliver ATP World Tour
As the 2013 ATP World Tour tennis season kicks off, Aframe announced that its cloud video production platform helped Clean Cut Media declare a victory over the time-intensive and costly process of sharing tennis footage globally.
Instead of delivering full broadcast resolution video footage using overnight shipment of tapes and hard drives, Clean Cut Media use Aframe to leverage cloud computing as a smarter way to produce and distribute a variety of tennis content. Working with production teams in Los Angeles and London, Clean Cut Media use Aframe’s private cloud network to:
· Deliver ATP World Tour Uncovered, presented by Rio, the ATP’s 47 x weekly 26-minute magazine show as part of the distribution process to broadcasters in over 150 countries worldwide.
· Ingest footage from ATP World Tour events in 61 tournaments in 31 countries on 6 continents, as well as from foreign producers and Clean Cut’s own film staff
· Support remote access anywhere around the globe by ATP’s team or its local partners
· Allow efficient versioning of content into multiple languages and country-specific packages, such as UK segments on Andy Murray
· Sponsored content such as Player Profiles sponsored by FedEx and Moët & Chandon Champagne Moments
· Accelerate review and approval of highlights and promo packages
· Deal efficiently with each broadcaster’s unique workflow and broadcast standards and requirements, with always-accessible content stored securely in the cloud.
“We were looking for a time-efficient and cost-saving tapeless workflow. The great thing about Aframe is that it creates proxies from hi-res files for clients to view our work immediately before we send out the final version for broadcasters to download the full original format,” said January Lo, production manager at Clean Cut Media. “This secure private cloud network is a smarter way for us to upload large files and manage our online archive easily.”
Operational in London since 2010, Aframe expanded its private cloud network to the US in 2012. Aframe’s highly secure, exceptionally fast cloud allows professional video creators to share, search and collaborate without on-site equipment or full-time staff – anywhere, anytime – requiring only an internet connection.
“In the hyper-competitive business of sports video, Aframe helped Clean Cut Media achieve the fast turnarounds that are paramount to ensuring broadcast content is kept fresh, and shows attract the audiences they seek,” said David Peto, CEO of Aframe.