Wimbledon Launches Free iPad App
The All England Club, Wimbledon, has released the first official Wimbledon iPad app.
The free iPad app aims to give the user a unique view of The Championships through exclusive footage around the grounds, whilst providing all the crucial information to make it an ideal companion to Wimbledon.
With content displayed in the context of the grounds, navigation is via an interactive photographic map, with colour-coded dropped pins indicating where different types of action are taking place. Utilizing pinch-and-zoom, a user can then hone in on a specific court or match, at which point the app slides into its second screen trousers and serves up additional stats and insights.
Alongside exclusive 360 degree video, photography and flyover footage, the app also features Wimbledon’s official live video and radio channels, Live @ Wimbledon.
Key features include:
- LIVE scores
- Results & match statistics
- Schedule of play
- Live Blog
- Player profiles
- Live @ Wimbledon Radio – 3 channels: Daily coverage of The Championships and two channels dedicated to Centre Court and No.1 Court commentary of live match play
- On demand video previews, highlights, features, interviews and golden moments
- 360’ Photos of the grounds
- 360’ Video of historic locations
- Drone videos of the grounds
- Live Time-lapse high quality photography from the grounds
- Player performance alerts
- Interactive map of the grounds presenting the content of the app at the locations it’s happening
- Fan feedback
Compatible with iPad. Requires iOS 5.0 or later.