Grass Valley Showcases Nonlinear Live Production Solutions at SMPTE Australia
Grass Valley will showcase its latest innovations in nonlinear live production at this week’s SMPTE Australia Conference and Exhibition (July 23-26, Sydney). The conference provides an opportunity for Grass Valley to debut the GV Director Nonlinear Live Production System to the Oceanic market, and to demonstrate the latest version of its Ignite Automated Production System.
Visitors to the Grass Valley booth (H18) will be able to see live demonstrations of GV Director and Ignite production systems, as well as GV STRATUS, the K2 Dyno S Replay Controller, LDX WorldCam and its companion XCU eXchangeable Control Unit.
“We are excited to be bringing our live production innovations to this year’s SMPTE Conference and Exhibition,” said Stephen Wong, Senior Vice President of APAC, Grass Valley. “The Oceanic market is very important to Grass Valley and we are seeing some great movement in the region. The conference is not only an opportunity for us to debut some of our latest advancements, but is also a chance for us to show our customers how we can help them to stay ahead of the game in a rapidly evolving and competitive broadcast market.”
The full product line-up is as follows:
- GV Director, an award-winning solution, integrates live production tools into a single, easy-to-use and intuitive platform. GV Director removes the complexity of production processes and simplifies the production and delivery of live content.
- The Ignite Production System is an automated production tool that streamlines production and improves program consistency whilst reducing technical errors and operating costs.
- GV STRATUS is the industry’s only full set of production tools in one application. Operable in a variety of environments including studio production, play-to-air, and news, GV STRATUS provides a collaborative work environment where everyone can create high-quality, revenue-generating media.
- K2 Dyno S is a dynamic replay controller that offers a powerful and affordable means to offer viewers engaging highlight packages. With its highly intuitive touchscreen interface, otherwise complex live replay management tasks are dramatically simplified.
- The LDX WorldCam is an advanced system camera, and with traditional 1080i/720p HD formats in both 50 and 59.94 Hz and 1080p50/60 acquisition, LDX WorldCam gives ultimate format flexibility and high quality HD imaging.
- The XCU is a uniquely adaptable exchangeable camera control unit. Its cradle allows broadcasters to quickly and easily transfer camera chains between OB (outside broadcast) vans and studios.
Eric DuFosse, vice president of marketing, Live Solutions at Grass Valley, will be presenting a paper at the conference on the ‘Evolution in Design of Production Switchers/Mixers’ onThursday, July 25 at 2:50pm. The paper, which will be part of the conference track “Evolving Media Workflows”, will discuss the benefits the evolution of technology has delivered to the production community and how a new paradigm will enable workflows.
Grass Valley Moves Icelandic TV Services to HD
Grass Valley has supplied 365 Media, Iceland’s largest mass media company, with a range of solutions including cameras, servers and a replay system, for installation in its new HD OB van. The solutions will enable 365 Media to deliver high quality live event programming from remote locations to its viewers. Grass Valley’s local partner Exton will provide full installation support on the ground in Iceland.
This latest deployment follows 365 Media’s recent upgrade of its Grass Valley Aurora system to the GV STRATUS® nonlinear application environment for live production (due to be finalized summer 2013) and its deployment of K2 Edge in 2012, Grass Valley’s advanced playout system.
“Having already worked with Grass Valley equipment, we know that it provides us with the robust capabilities required to deliver the high quality services our viewers expect,” said Gisli Berg, Head of Production at 365 Media. “The nature of outside broadcasting means it is inherently changeable so it’s important that we can equip our vans with flexible solutions like the LDX cameras and XCU base stations. We’re really excited about the move to HD; it’s really going to enhance our coverage of live events.”
LDX Flex is the entry level offering in the LDX Series of upgradeable cameras. The LDX Series offers varying levels or operational flexibility through the simple GV-eLicense program which allows users to elevate a camera’s capabilities perpetually or just for 7 days depending on requirements. The XCU WorldCam eXchangeable Camera Control Unit brings unique flexibility to mobile production truck operators and studios. It is designed so that it can easily be transferred from truck to truck without losing connectivity.
K2 media servers are purpose-built devices that deliver 24/7/365 file-based infrastructure and high-performance file operations that run simultaneously, to enable better workflows and greater efficiencies. K2 Dyno is a dynamic replay controller with a highly-intuitive touchscreen interface. It integrates with third-party applications for efficient overall replay management.
“We’re delighted that 365 Media has chosen our solutions once more – there’s no bigger validation of Grass Valley’s leadership in live production solutions than customers choosing our products time and time again,” said Said Bacho, Senior Vice President of EMEA, Grass Valley. “As broadcasters across the globe continue to upgrade their services to HD, Grass Valley continues to offer the most efficient, flexible and cost-effective solutions to make this transition possible. We look forward to viewers in Iceland enjoying their best quality of service to date.”