Webinar: Elemental Talks Video Delivery With Google Widevine
In its time, the Netscape Plug-in API (NPAPI) was a revolutionary step for web-based video. However, as NPAPI does not function with mobile devices, the fastest growing platform for viewing video, Google is terminating support for NPAPI within the Chrome browser. This will affect plug-ins that rely on the Microsoft Silverlight streaming format, including legacy Widevine Classic DRM. To find out how to go beyond NPAPI, join Ryan Lewis, Technology Manager at Google/Widevine and Lionel Bringuier, Director of Product Management at Elemental Technologies for a live webcast.
During the live webcast, on Thursday, April 30 at 8:00 a.m. PDT/11:00 a.m. ET, Lewis and Bringuier will discuss:
- Managing the transition from legacy NPAPI and Silverlight plugins
- Google’s approach to streaming video to mobile device and browsers
- The benefits of MPEG-DASH for mobile video streaming
- Protecting content with Widevine Modular DRM
- Elemental Delta origin just-in-time streaming of MPEG-DASH with Widevine Modular DRM
- DASH + CENC: the road ahead
To register, CLICK HERE.