Quantum Simplifies Storage Management With StorNext Connect 1.1
Quantum announced the release of StorNext Connect 1.1, a significantly enhanced version of its easy-to-use management tool that simplifies the installation, discovery, administration, and monitoring of StorNext environments. StorNext Connect is the first product of its kind to integrate management and reporting into a multi-tier storage environment. Instead of having to work with separate monitoring and reporting tools unique to each distinct storage tier, StorNext Connect users can have a unified view of the entire multi-tier, end-to-end workflow storage environment, including disk, tape, object storage and cloud resources.
Designed for Quantum StorNext-powered environments and built into the company’s new Xcellis™ workflow storage systems, StorNext Connect enables users to deploy and configure new equipment and then monitor and manage multiple systems at the same time.
“As we continue to expand the functionality of workflow storage environments powered by StorNext, the need for more powerful unified management and monitoring tools also has grown,” says Geoff Stedman, SVP, StorNext Solutions, Quantum. “This new version of StorNext Connect provides the kind of centralized control and monitoring that enables users to quickly get the information they need to optimize their StorNext environment — and thereby optimize their workflow.”
StorNext Connect is equally capable of managing production and archive environments. For StorNext installations that utilize storage tiers (e.g., disk arrays, object storage and tape libraries), it provides a view of I/O performance along with real-time data, historical trends and archive media statistics across each tier. As an example, users can now monitor their storage resources to determine how much of their data is on disk, in a tape library, in the cloud or offline in a vault.
New StorNext Connect 1.1 features include:
• An intuitive graphical dashboard that instantly describes the current state of the entire StorNext environment, including information on all resources — storage, CPU, memory and network interconnects.
• Simultaneous display of multiple performance metrics over the same period of time to help users pinpoint and troubleshoot performance bottlenecks.
• A self-guided interface for installation and configuration of Xcellis workflow
• A step-by-step configurator for NAS setup and management.
• Support for monitoring and management of Quantum’s Lattus object storage, including real-time status and historical reporting.
In addition to giving administrators visibility and reporting regarding environments that contain StorNext appliances, StorNext Q-Series Storage and the latest StorNext clients, StorNext Connect also fully supports the new Xcellis Workflow Directors, Xcellis Q-Series Storage and Lattus object storage. StorNext Connect 1.1 is immediately available and is included in all new StorNext-powered systems free of charge.