ISE: Thinklogical Introduces TLX Series CATx Matrix Switches and Extenders
Thinklogical, a global manufacturer of secure signal extension and switching systems for video-rich applications, announced its new TLX Series CATx matrix switches and extenders at ISE 2016 in Amsterdam.
TLX CATx is the first KVM system in the market capable of extending and switching uncompressed 4K and Ultra High Definition (UHD) video at full resolution and color depth (up to 4096 x 2160 resolution, 4:4:4 color depth), and full 60Hz frame rate — using only two CATx cables. With the lowest signal latency in the industry (microseconds, vs. milliseconds for compressed solutions), TLX offers precise pixel-for-pixel transmission of 4K/UHD video and computer with no visual artifacts, jitter, or lost frames.
With this new product line, Thinklogical has leveraged its expertise in fiber-optic extension and switched to develop an uncompressed 10Gbps signal transmission architecture using standard CATx copper network cabling. With a flexible and modular hybrid form factor, TLX supports both fiber and CATx cabling and reduces the cost and infrastructure required to manage video content created in resolutions up to 4K/UHD. This increases user efficiency and productivity without compromising quality, resolution, reliability, or performance.
“Customers and AV system designers have had to struggle with poor video resolution and the computer peripheral jitter and latency generated by compressed and IP-based KVM extension and switching systems specified to meet tight budgets,” says Joe Pajer, President and CEO of Thinklogical. “Our new TLX CATx product line disrupts the KVM market by delivering the quality and performance of uncompressed 4K@60Hz video and computer peripheral extension at a price point that is highly competitive with KVM products using signal compression. And, TLX CATx is 100 percent compatible and interoperable with our TLX fiber-optic product line, offering users increased system flexibility and a scalable, future-proof upgrade path.”
Live demonstrations in the Thinklogical stand at ISE 2016 included the new TLX48 (48 port) hybrid CATx and fiber-optic matrix switch and a variety of TLX CATx and fiber-optic extenders. Other booth demonstrations included KVM and video extension with redundant fiber paths for applications requiring maximum uptime and reliability, and a demonstration of Secure Restricted Switching, highlighting Thinklogical’s unique ability to manage multiple classifications of information through a single matrix switch chassis. This is a requirement for secure audio-visual applications found in government, defense, intelligence, and homeland security environments.
TLX Series Product Features and Specifications
TLX Video and KVM Extenders:
- Uncompressed signal extension of up to 80km over fiber, 100m over CAT6a
- DisplayPort 1.2 and HDMI 1.4 extenders
- Support for a single display up to 4096×2160 @ 30Hz
- Support for a single display up to 4096×2160 @ 60Hz, or two displays up to 4096×2160 @ 30Hz over two fibers or CATx cables
- Support for two displays up to 4096×2160 @ 60Hz over four fibers
- Supports HDCP content
- Local output port(s) on fiber modules
- Ethernet port for configuration, management and updates
- Support for full duplex stereo and embedded audio, with ability to de-embed at the receiver
- Support for unbalanced analog audio and serial RS-232
- Support for USB 2.0 (480Mbps) and USB HID
- Modular, hot-swappable form factor for fiber modules
- Compact chassis for CATx surface mount models
TLX Matrix Switches:
- Non-blocking and protocol agnostic
- Scalable chassis sizes from 12 ports to 640 ports
- Hot-swappable critical system components available: power supplies, fan trays, control cards, data input/output cards
- Redundant and current-sharing power supplies available
- Redundant control cards with automatic failover available
- Interoperable with Thinklogical’s 6.25Gbps Velocity series products
- Expected to achieve Common Criteria EAL4, TEMPEST SDIP 27 Level B and NATO NIAPC Evaluation Scheme: GREEN information assurance (IA) accreditations
TLX Solutions are available now from Thinklogical and Authorized Thinklogical Resellers.