JOB POSTING: Southern Miss Athletics Seeks Graduate Assistant in Sports Technology and Video Department
The University of Southern Mississippi Athletics seeks a creative and motivated individual to serve as a Graduate Assistant within the Department of Sports Technology and Video. The successful candidate will use digital multimedia (video, audio, and design) and production skills to create video content and live productions for the athletics department. This area of responsibility includes live production, broadcast engineering, and production of social media content and marketing materials.
- Learn all aspects of our production facility and assist in various hands-on aspects of video production.
- Control Room management – including routing and patching sources working with various systems, cables and formats.
- Utilize Adobe Premiere Pro editing software to log footage, produce packages and in-game graphics/videos, learn how to “prep” the Control Room for game-day
- Assist with set-up and strike of AV equipment within facilities
- Work assigned regular hours with flexibility to work additional hours as needed to meet deadlines including weekends, holidays, evenings, etc.
- Manage and schedule student workers
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Must enroll in a graduate program at The University of Southern Mississippi.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a program that required coursework and/or training in related field. (Candidate must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.)
- Skilled in video and audio production and post-production (e.g., camera operation, lighting, editing, etc).
- Strong Computer skills with a working knowledge of video production equipment.
- Knowledge of a variety of media formats and requirements for saving and exporting.
- Demonstrated experience with a non-linear editing system – Adobe Premiere Pro/ After Effects.
- Knowledge and passion for athletics.
- Ability to take direction and make decisions in a fast pace, deadline driven environment.
- Professional attitude and communications skills required.
- Excellent English-language written and verbal communication skills, time management, and interpersonal skills.
Email cover letter and resume to — firstname.lastname@example.org
Include links to view examples of your video production work.
All applications must be submitted before April 8, 2016.