NAB 2016: Focusrite Displays Networked-Audio Solutions for Broadcast
Focusrite (Booth C9145) is showcasing audio-network solutions for broadcast applications, including an assortment of brand-new products.
edNet is Focusrite’s flagship line of modular Ethernet-networked audio interfaces that harnesses the power of Audinate’s Dante digital-audio–networking system to bring studio-quality sound to any modern audio application, from live sound to education to broadcast as well as in the recording studio. RedNet is an extremely scalable, near-zero-latency audio-distribution system that can be used to expand I/O channel count, interface digital components, and/or bridge between Pro Tools|HD or MADI and the Dante audio network.
The following new products are additions to the RedNet offering:
- RedNet A8R: Eight channels of Dante-networked A-D and D-A conversion, with network and PSU redundancy
- RedNet A16R: 16 channels of Dante-networked A-D and D-A conversion, with network and PSU redundancy
- RedNet PCIeR Card: RedNet PCI Express card with network redundancy, enabling ultra-low–latency audio and full track count for Dante audio-over-IP networks
- RedNet AM2: Stereo Dante headphone amplifier and line-output interface solution with PoE
- Red 4Pre: 58 in/64 out Thunderbolt 2 and Pro Tools|HD-compatible audio interface, with Dante network audio connectivity
Additionally, these Focusrite products are now shipping:
- RedNet MP8R: eight-channel remote-controlled mic pre and A/D for Dante networks
- RedNet D16R: 16-channel AES3 I/O for Dante audio over IP networks
- RedNet D64R: 64-channel bridge between MADI and Dante networks
- RedNet HD32R: 32-channel bridge between Dante Networks and Pro Tools|HD
For more information, go to http://www.focusrite.com/rednet.