SVG TranSPORT Conference To Feature NBC Olympics Keynote Case Study
SVG’s annual TranSPORT conference, set for Nov. 8 at the Microsoft Technology Center in New York City, will be headlined by a keynote case study entitled “From Rio to Stamford & Beyond – How NBC Delivered the Rio 2016 Olympics”. Presented by NBC Olympics/NBC Sports Group Director of Transmission Engineering and Maintenance Chris Connolly, the case study will detail NBC Olympics’ transmission scheme for the 2016 Rio Games, which was among the most ambitious and complex in the history of television.
In all, more than 130 HD paths were transmitted from Rio to NBC Olympics’ Sports Production Operations Center in Stamford, CT, as well as to 30 Rock in New York, Golf Channel in Orlando, Telemundo in Florida, and more. Learn how NBC connected production facilities across the globe and delivered one of the largest sporting events of all time to the masses.
The 2016 SVG TranSPORT conference will once again give sports-production professionals the opportunity to come together for a half-day of networking and sessions focused on the current state of sports-content contribution, exchange, and distribution. In addition to the NBC Olympics case study, TranSPORT will address
- The State of TranSPORT: Where Are Your Dollars Trending?
- The Rise of IP Networks: Infrastructure Challenges and Opportunities
- Standardization Update on High Dynamic Range
- 4K/HDR Delivery and HEVC Compression: Ready To Break Out?
- The OTT Factor: How Multiple Streams Impact Live Sports Productions
- At-Home Production: Now That It Has Arrived, What’s the Next Step?
CLICK HERE to register and for more information, including the full event program and sponsorship opportunities.