Encompass Digital Media Launches CloudVOD With Microsoft Azure
Encompass Digital Media will use Microsoft Azure to power its innovative CloudVOD service, a cloud-based video-on-demand solution.
The CloudVOD platform enables content owners, television networks, MVPDs, OTT operators and other digital service providers to manage the VOD processing lifecycle in a scalable, secure and cost-efficient manner. Now, content providers can focus on their core capabilities delivering high-value content to consumers while CloudVOD manages the nuances of processing requirements and multiple technology standards inherent in OTT distribution.
“The combination of global content acquisition, content provider relationships and managed service capabilities with the power of the CloudVOD platform creates a highly automated, industry-leading solution for aggregation, processing, delivery and management of our clients’ content to any VOD platform globally,” says Chris Walters, Encompass CEO. “With Microsoft Azure, we are able to provide cost-effective processing, storage and network scalability that caters to the requirements of our clients’ VOD workflows while providing high availability, enterprise-grade security and industry credentials.”
Key components of the CloudVOD platform include:
- End-to-end managed service operated by the company’s global team of VOD experts from dedicated facilities worldwide.
- Global scale leveraging infrastructure and platform services from Azure.
- Extensive processing capabilities providing highly configurable transformation capabilities including transcode, branding, DRM, packaging, QC, image processing and metadata manipulation.
- Integrated media asset management platform providing full, multi-language, lifecycle management and secure archiving of content and metadata.
- Library of content and VOD platform integration allowing Encompass to rapidly on-board new clients and platforms.
Encompass’ clients can launch global VOD services while complementing the security and integrity of their content throughout the lifecycle by using Azure’s MPAA and CDSA certified components across authentication, storage and processing, among others. Azure is the first multi-tenant cloud service provider to achieve these important industry certifications, which demonstrate Azure’s commitment to protecting customers’ content according to the requirements of the media industry, through a risk-based approach to secure processes and operations.
“Encompass offers a unique value proposition for our mutual customers who need to deliver content to an increasing number of platforms and partners, and don’t want to worry about managing the technology infrastructure,” says Sudheer Sirivara, general manager, Azure Media Services, Microsoft Corp. “We’re pleased to see Encompass benefit from the global scale and high availability of Azure.”