NAB 2017: Western Digital Highlights HGST Storage Products and Solutions
Western Digital (Booth SL10105), a leading global storage company, is showcasing how it enables production, broadcast, and distribution companies to work more efficiently by delivering fast, flexible, and scalable storage for every stage of the workflow. From object storage and all-flash arrays to hybrid-cloud storage solutions, the company’s HGST brand is leading discussions and highlighting partnerships, customers, and solutions that enable the M&E market to create, leverage, and preserve data while improving productivity and lowering TCO for 2K, 4K, 6K, HFR and UHD workflows.
The Western Digital booth offers the following:
- EXPERIENCE: Learn more about the petabyte-scale ActiveScale family, with the P100 and recently added X100 systems, delivering on-premises and hybrid-cloud storage at breakthrough economics for media archives in post-production workflows. Also explore how the InfiniFlash platform provides a high-performance, cost-efficient, and high-density tier for big-data workflows.
- ENGAGE: We are teaming up with best-in-class partners to deliver solutions for media workflows. In our booth, you see joint archiving solutions with Atempo’s ASG-Digital Archive software; new hybrid cloud options with Avere Systems; petabyte-scale file management with DataFramework’s ClarityNow!; automated content intelligence using Levels Beyond’s Reach Engine; and new archival data-management possibilities using Versity and QStar. In addition, you can learn about our other partnerships with IBM Aspera, CyanGate, Square Box Systems – CatDV, Tegile, Vizrt Viz One, and more.
- LEARN: Western Digital is changing the fundamental economics of data at all stages of the storage workflow from capture to edit to archive. In partnership with HGST’s sister brand, G-Technology (Booth SL3824), come hear about the upcoming solution that enables real-time editing workflows to move from file and block storage formats to long-term, cost-effective object storage archive.
- DISCOVER: Come hear HGST talk about delivering the possibilities of data in a panel titled “A Walk in the Clouds.” Also, HGST will be talking about “A View From the Frontier: How AI & Machine Learning Will Change the Game.”
- IMMERSE: Learn how new partners like Sundance Institute will leverage object storage as well as Illumination MacGuff, which is creating and actively storing blockbuster animation films. The École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) is also archiving more than 17,000 hours’ worth of live music, video, and data from the Montreux Jazz Festival to make their 50 years of live performances available for generations to come.
- EDUCATE: theCUBE is broadcasting live from HGST’s booth from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. each day. Visionaries and thought leaders in the media and entertainment industry will be discussing key trends and workflow challenges and exploring how today’s surge of information is impacting, driving, and changing the industry as we know it.