Amazon Prime Video Reaches 1.7M Combined Viewers in 184 Countries, Territories
Amazon Prime Video reached 1.7 million combined viewers in 184 countries and territories and all 50 states for the NFL Thursday Night Kickoff pregame show and Thursday Night Football, the second of 11 NFL games on Prime Video this season. The average worldwide audience watching Thursday Night Football for at least thirty seconds on Amazon Prime Video was 391,000 – a 20% increase over Twitter’s average audience in their second game.
Each viewer watched an average of 50 minutes – 127% more than Twitter’s average during their first game last season. When you look at customers who watched for more than 30 seconds, the number was much higher. Prime members watched Thursday Night Football across living room devices, from Smart TVs to Fire TVs, Prime Video mobile apps on iOS and Android, Fire tablets, and the web.
Here’s some additional information related to last night’s Thursday Night Football game on Amazon Prime Video:
Customers in 184 countries and territories streamed the game.
Outside of the United States, Mexico had the most TNF streams, followed by Germany, Brazil, United Kingdom and Japan.
Prime members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia streamed the game
- Prime members in California streamed TNF more than any other state, followed by Prime members in Texas and Florida
- On a per capita basis, Prime members in Massachusetts streamed more hours of TNF on Prime Video than Prime members in Florida
On game day, more Patriots merchandise was purchased on Amazon’s Fan Shop than Buccaneers merchandise:
- Most popular jersey purchased: Tom Brady #12
- Best-selling item: Franklin Sports NFL New England Patriots Deluxe Youth Uniform Set, Medium
- Best-selling t-shirt: NFL New England Patriots Men’s Greatness Short Sleeve Basic Tee, Medium, Navy
- Here’s what customers had to say about streaming Thursday Night Football on Amazon Prime Video: