Full Audio Recaps, Photo Gallery of SVG’s TranSPORT 2017 Now Available
Missed out on attending SVG’s TranSPORT conference in New York City last week? Never fear, full audio recaps of every session and a photo gallery chronicling the day’s events are now available on the TranSPORT event page.
SVG’s TranSPORT event at the Microsoft Technology Center in New York on Oct. 17, drew a record-crowd of more than 250 sports-video professionals. The event, which expanded to a full day for the first time, addressed a range of topics related to live sports transmission and how to balance cost and reliability. In addition to unveiling data from SVG’s fourth-annual TranSPORT Survey (detailing fiber vs. satellite vs. IP contribution strategies), the event touched on topics, including the impact of at-home productions on transmission; the growth of IP Networks; the future of 4K and HDR delivery; the impending implementation of ATSC 3.0, and low-cost transmission tools.
Full audio recaps of every session are now available, including:
- Welcoming Remarks
- The State of TranSPORT: Inside the Numbers
- How Is At-Home Production Impacting the Transmission Sector?
- Case Study: How TV2 Denmark Increased Live-Sports-Production Efficiency Through At-Home Production
- The Explosion of IP Contribution: Is It Ready for Primetime?
- HDR, 4K, and ATSC 3.0: Where Are We?
- Case Study: New Technologies for Internet-Based Remote Production
- Low-Cost Transmission Tools: Bonded Cellular, Public-Internet Delivery, the Cloud, and More
Also, make sure to check out highlights for the day’s festivities in this TranSPORT Photo Gallery.
TranSPORT 2017 was made possible by Title Sponsor Aspera; Diamond Sponsor Intelsat; Case Study Sponsors Haivision and Net Insight; and Event Sponsors Deluxe, Encompass, Level 3 Communications, MX1, and The Switch.