AWS re:Invent 2017: CenturyLink Deploys AWS Direct Connect Along Las Vegas Strip
CenturyLink will provide direct cloud connectivity to AWS re:Invent 2017. CenturyLink delivers private and secure network connectivity to Amazon Web Services (AWS) for global enterprises to manage and protect their cloud-based business applications. CenturyLink is an Advanced Consulting Partner in the AWS Partner Network (APN). AWS re:Invent 2017 is being held Nov. 27 – Dec. 1 in Las Vegas.
“With any enterprise cloud networking solution, resilience, redundancy and bandwidth are paramount. That’s no less the case with a show of this magnitude. Between thousands of keynotes, live streams and breakouts, connectivity to AWS services is vital to the show’s success,” says Chris McReynolds, CenturyLink’s vice president of cloud and data product management. “Accomplishing this takes more than a bunch of 10 gig waves interconnecting venues; it takes experience and understanding to see the requirements and develop a solution that meets them.”
- Design requirements for AWS re:Invent 2017 include the following elements:
- A high-quality experience for more than 40,000 on-site attendees and more than 50,000 live-streaming viewers.
- The interconnection of five Las Vegas venues with more than 1.4 million square feet of event space.
- Diverse routing to multiple AWS regions and private connections to the AWS network.
- All keynotes, live streams, breakout sessions, hands-on labs, bootcamps, hackathons, workshops, certification exams and more will be delivered by CenturyLink Cloud Connect Solutions.
- This is the fourth year in a row CenturyLink, through its acquisition of Level 3, will provide private, dedicated network connectivity in support of re:Invent.
- Global enterprises leverage CenturyLink Cloud Connect Solutions for secure, high-performing and flexible network resources with SDN-based scalable bandwidth options and granular network visibility to match the needs of the business.