NBC Sports Chicago To Crown First ‘Beer Money’ Champion on 100th Episode
To celebrate the 100th episode of its hit Chicago sports trivia show, NBC Sports Chicago has announced it will crown its very first Beer Money presented by Coors Light champion at a special “All-Star Edition” to be held on Wednesday, February 7 at 7:00 PM CT at Joe’s on Weed St. (940 W. Weed St. in Chicago, IL). The one-hour “All-Star Edition” premiere – featuring hosts Kelly Crull & Luke Stuckmeyer – will debut on NBC Sports Chicago on Sunday, Feb. 11 at 7:00 PM.
Since 2012 (when it was initially titled “Gas Money”), Beer Money presented by Coors Light has ventured to Wrigley Field, Guaranteed Rate Field, the United Center, not to mention countless numbers of establishments in and around the Chicago area, where local sports fans’ knowledge was put to the test to answer some very challenging Chicago sports trivia questions that could win them up to $130.
The “All-Star Edition” taking place at Joe’s on Weed St. will feature 20 of Beer Money’s most popular and entertaining winners (as determined by show’s producers) over the past 99 episodes who will square off against one another in a bracket-style format to officially determine THE top sports trivia king or queen in Chicago.
The top 16 contestants will be placed in four separate brackets, each of whom will be placed in their category of expertise (Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, and White Sox). Once a winner is determined in each of the four brackets, those remaining four finalists will then have to answer questions that could pertain to any team, league, etc. Like any sports playoff bracket, the final four will be reduced to two finalists who will then battle it out for the coveted Beer Money presented by Coors Light championship grand prize — $500 and four tickets to a mutually-agreed upon game featuring the team from their respective bracket (Blackhawks, Bulls, Cubs, or White Sox) in NBC Sports Chicago’s luxury suite! The four “Wild Card” contestants, featuring some of the show’s more memorable characters over the years, will also vie separately for a special consolation-style prize.
Note the following “Beer Money presented by Coors Light: All-Star Edition” participants, which includes each player’s hometown and original winning location. (NOTE – All Beer Money participants must be at least 21 years of age with valid proof of age identification to play):
- Stephanie Burns (Rockford) – Brownstone Tavern
- Marc Paprzyca (Chicago) – The Scout
- JT (Chicago) – Mitchell’s Tap
- Rob Morris (Palatine) – JL’s Pizza and Sports Bar
- Mike Buchanan (Oak Forest) – JW Hollsteins
- Chris Riney (Joliet) – McBride’s Pub and Grille
- Ford Castino (Chicago) – Cortland’s Garage
- Greg Williamson (Chicago) – Flo and Santos
- Ben Eng (Chicago) – The Scout
- Billy Ghighi (Naperville) – Wrigley Field
- Maureen Morrisey (Chicago) – Wrigley Field
- Ignacio Camacho (Berwyn) – Mitchell’s Tap
WHITE SOX bracket
- George Bunker (Chicago) – O’Neil’s on Wells
- Kevin Peterson (Downers Grove) – Butch McGuire’s
- Jeff Delgado (Chicago) – Guaranteed Rate Field
- Gabriel Silva (Chicago) – Guaranteed Rate Field
“Wild Card” bracket
- Mary Alice Williams (Chicago) – Rizzo’s Bar & Inn
- Mickey Roche (Chicago) – HVAC
- Rachel McPheeters (DeKalb) – Wrigley Field
- Jose Luna (Chicago) – Bears camp/Bourbonnais
Fans interested in attending the free admission “Beer Money presented by Coors Light: All-Star Edition” special event at Joe’s on Weed St. on Feb. 7 must be at least 21 years of age and are urged to arrive by 6:30 PM in preparation for the 7:00 PM start time. In addition, fans attending the event will receive NBC Sports Chicago “Authentic Fan” swag!
For up-to-the-minute “Beer Money presented by Coors Light: All-Star Edition” updates, fans can follow NBC Sports Chicago’s dedicated Beer Money Twitter handle at@NBCSBeerMoney and fans can chime in with their comments and cheer on their favorite participants by utilizing the Twitter hashtag #BeerMoneyAS. Plus, fans can check out the latest Beer Money episodes, memorable clips, and other hilarious show moments 24/7 at NBCSportsChicago.com/BeerMoney.