CRAS Upgrades Hardware and Software in Two Studios for Dolby Atmos Classes
In preparation for its inclusion of Dolby Atmos as part of its curriculum, The Conservatory of Recording Arts & Sciences is proud to announce it has retrofitted two studios in both its Tempe and Gilbert, AZ, campuses with numerous hardware and software upgrades in time for its most recent crop of students.
“As studio production continues to evolve, keeping up with the latest trends and new technologies, such as Dolby Atmos, is vital so our students are not just keeping up with the industry, but are many times ahead of the curve,” explains Robert Brock, CRAS Director of Education.
“We are pleased to offer our students the very latest industry innovations to invigorate and add to their skill sets so that they are properly prepared for their internships and careers once they graduate.”
In Studio D on both campuses, CRAS has upgraded to:
- Avid S6 M40; 25 fader control surfaces equipped with meter display modules.
- Pro Tools HDX2 DSP card systems; expanding processing power for the Pro Tools Systems.
- Avid MTRX Interfaces; include extensive digital input and output capability, including the Dante audio networking protocol; the Dante protocol is quickly becoming an important standard for moving audio over conventional network systems. The MTRX interfaces are also equipped with additional MADI I/O capabilities.
- JBL Intonato; a new advanced monitor control system that is providing monitor tuning and bass management functions.
- Additional four M&K LCR950 speakers; providing height/overhead channels to create immersive surround mixes.
This past year, CRAS has also upgraded its 42-foot remote production trailer with Atmos, including a Dolby DP590 Atmos processor, four JBL Control 1 Pro overhead speakers, a Crown 4150 amplifier to power the speakers and a JBL Intonato control speaker management system; a brand new product that has sophisticated capability for fine tuning speaker performance in the room and is purpose-built to handle complex Dolby Atmos installations.