RSN Summit 2018: Full Program Announced; NBC Sports Regional Networks’ Jon Slobotkin To Chair
As one of the most respected names in the RSN industry, Slobotkin will lead the 2018 RSN Summit
SVG has announced the full program for the 2018 RSN Summit, which will be held June 26-27 at the Palmer House Hilton in Chicago. In addition, Jon Slobotkin, SVP, content and live programming, NBC Sports Regional Networks, has been announced as the chair of SVG’s RSN Advisory Committee for this year’s Summit. A veteran of the RSN sector for more than 30 years and founding member of the RSN Advisory Committee, Slobotkin is among the most respected names in the industry and will serve as the driving force of the program and vision for the third-annual RSN Summit.
This year’s RSN Summit agenda will feature a variety of panels, keynotes, case studies, and technology showcases addressing the most important issues facing the industry today. In addition, this year’s event will feature a pair of workshops: RSN Social Media Showcase in the morning and Technology & Operations Workshop in the afternoon. Topics at this year’s RSN Summit will include:
- RSN Market Analysis: Audience Measurement — OOH, Total Audience Delivery, and More
- State of the RSN Market: Industry Leaders on the Opportunities and Challenges Ahead
- League Perspectives: A View From the Top
- Team Perspectives: Creating Quality RSN Partnerships
- The Move to OTT: How Regional Rights Deals Are Evolving
- All Under One Roof: When Linear-TV Production Meets Digital
- RSN’s Get Real: A Real-World Timeline for HDR, 1080p, 4K, and IP
- Greasing the Tech Wheels: How AI and Automated Production Could Impact RSNs
- Point-Counterpoint: Is At-Home Production the Future of the RSN Market?
CLICK HERE for the full program.
Slobotkin takes over leadership of the SVG RSN Advisory Committee from the last year’s Chair Larry Meyers, who was recently named EVP, content, at Pac-12 Networks.
Slobotkin became SVP, content and live programming, at NBC Sports Regional Networks in February 2017. In this role, he is responsible for all game, studio, and multiplatform programming for all live content across NBC Sports Regional Networks. He is charged with ensuring a consistent philosophy and production quality for programming on all platforms across the group.
Most recently, Slobotkin served as VP/executive producer, live events, overseeing all aspects of live event coverage for the NBC Regional Sports Networks. He also served as a producer for women’s basketball at the 2016 Rio Olympics. Prior to that, Slobotkin served as a producer at Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia, primarily covering the Phillies. Before SportsNet Philadelphia, he worked as a producer at PRISM TV for 15 years.
Slobotkin is a six-time Mid-Atlantic Region Emmy Award Winner. He is a graduate of Temple University and a member of its School of Communications Hall of Fame.