Full Audio Recaps of SVG’s Sports Graphics Forum, Sports Venue Production Summit Now Available
The past month was a busy one for Team SVG. First up, the Sports Graphics Forum drew 180 attendees to the Microsoft Conference Center in New York City to learn about the latest in sports graphics creation and technology. The following week, SVG traveled to Atlanta to host the Sports Venue Production Summit at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Missed either event? Audio recaps of both days are available on www.sportsvideo.org!
Sports Graphics Forum
Despite blizzard conditions outside, SVG’s Sports Graphics Forum heated up the Microsoft Conference Center in New York City on March 7, spotlighting the latest in sports graphics creation and technology – and the industry leaders responsible for bringing those graphics to air. The fourth-annual Sports Graphics Forum, which expanded to a full day this year, kicked off with a morning of informative panel discussions that addressed the latest technological advances and creative achievements in broadcast graphics. The afternoon program split into two workshop tracks that offered a deeper dive into Graphics Design/Creation plus Graphics Technology and Augmented Reality.
Full audio recaps of the day’s general sessions are now available, including:
- Welcoming Remarks
- State of the Arts: Where Creative and Tech Collide
- Keynote Presentation: ELEAGUE – The Design Revolution of Esports
- SVGW Presents: Paths To Success in Sports Graphics
- Avid Case Study: A VR Experience, Working in Today’s Reality
- Augmented Reality: The Wave of the Future Has Arrived
Be sure to check out the Sports Graphics Forum Photo Gallery for highlights from the day.
Sports Venue Production Summit
Since the first renderings of the 360-degree Halo videoboard were released nearly three years ago, Mercedes-Benz Stadium promised to blaze a trail in in-venue video production and technology. On March 13-14, more than 230 attendees – including representatives from 12 NFL teams – traveled to Atlanta for SVG’s annual Sports Venue Production Summit on March 13-14 to see the Halo in person, and learn more about the gear and personnel responsible for powering it.
Full audio recaps of the day’s panel discussions and presentations are now available, including:
- Inside Mercedes-Benz Stadium with the Atlanta Falcons
- IP Production in Sports Venues: What You Need to Know
- Making the Most of Your Team’s Big Moments Across All Platforms
- Technology and Design Considerations in Non-Traditional Video Displays
- IBM Case Study: Delivering Next-Generation Digital Experiences at Mercedes-Benz Stadium
- Video Tools to Help You Crack the Creativity Code for Displays of All Sizes
- The Latest in Venue Signal Transmission and Distribution
- EVS Case Study: Engaging NJ Devils Fans with Next Generation Technology
- Beyond the Bowl: When Control Rooms Become Broadcast Centers
Highlights of the two-day event can be seen in the Sports Venue Production Summit Photo Gallery