FloSports Captures Professional Bowlers Association Streaming Rights
FloSports announced a multiyear rights partnership with the Professional Bowlers Association (PBA). As part of the announcement, FloSports will launch FloBowling.com, a new site where fans can access PBA’s Xtra Frame for live and on-demand PBA coverage and more. The site will offer fans access to professional competition, breaking news, highlights, original documentaries, and more.
The agreement enables FloSports to provide live and on-demand coverage for more than 40 professional events each year with increased production value at several competitions, such as the Go Bowling! PBA Tour, PBA50 Tour, and PBA Regional Tour. Live coverage begins June 30.
As part of the new partnership, Xtra Frame subscribers will have their monthly or yearly subscriptions automatically transferred to a FloSports PRO subscription at no cost. Subscribers will continue to pay their current rates and, as a bonus, will gain access to FloSports’ extensive variety of sports channels.
FloBowling will also serve as title sponsor of the FloBowling PBA Fall Swing Oct. 14-20 at The Lanes at Coffee Creek in suburban Tulsa, Okla. The multi-event tournament, open to an elite field of 120 PBA members only, will be covered exclusively on FloBowling.com and will award three PBA Tour titles during the Wolf Open, Bear Open and Tulsa Open events. A full list of the remaining 2018 schedule is as follows:
- June 30 – July 2: PBA Parkside Open – Aurora, IL
- July 18-20: PBA50 River City Extreme Open pres. by Ebonite – Monticello, MN
- July 24-26: PBA50 South Shore Open pres. by Hammer – Hammond, IN
- July 27-29: STORM PBA/PWBA Striking Against Breast Cancer Mixed Doubles – Houston, TX
- July 29-31: PBA50 Security Federal Savings Bank Championship pres. by Track – Kokomo, IN
- Aug. 5-7: PBA50 Dave Small’s Championship Lanes Classic pres. by Roto Grip – Anderson, IN
- Aug. 10-12: PBA50 Cup pres. by DV8 – Wyoming, MI
- Aug. 14-16: PBA60 Dick Weber Championship pres. by 900 Global – Ft. Wayne, IN
- Aug. 18-19: PBA Gene Carter’s Pro Shop Classic – Middletown, DE
- Aug. 25-26: PBA Kenn-Feld Group Classic – Coldwater, OH
- Sept. 29-30: PBA50 STORM Invitational – Charlotte, NC
- Oct. 15-16: FloBowling PBA Wolf Open – Tulsa, OK
- Oct. 17-18: FloBowling PBA Bear Open – Tulsa, OK
- Oct. 19-20: FloBowling PBA Tulsa Open – Tulsa, OK
- Oct. 25-30: 2018 U.S. Open – Wichita, KS
In addition to live streaming PBA events, FloBowling will also have international rights for all Xtra Frame linear events, as well as video-on-demand streaming of Go Bowling! PBA Tour telecasts one week after they air on their respective networks, including CBS Sports Network, FOX Sports and FS1.
“We’re thrilled to announce our partnership with the PBA and we’re excited to elevate coverage of the sport,” FloSports SVP, Global Rights Acquisition Phil Wendler says. “Our focus is to make this a win for bowling fans around the world through considerable investments, including enhanced production, original documentaries, athlete profiles, breaking news, behind-the-scenes access and more.”
“FloSports has proven it is capable of supporting and growing sports beyond those we typically see on television,” says Tom Clark, PBA CEO & Commissioner. “We’re excited to team up with FloSports and give fans an outlet where they can find high quality coverage of our events unlike ever before.”
Clark noted that current Xtra Frame subscribers will soon see improvements and innovation in FloBowling’s coverage as PBA Xtra Frame on FloBowling is the next evolution in live streaming of the greatest bowlers and bowling events in the world, and added that FloBowling subscribers will also have PRO access to more than 20 channels across the FloSports network at no additional cost
By the end of July 2018, all active Xtra Frame subscriptions will be transferred to FloBowling. Subscribers will receive an email from FloBowling with instructions explaining how to claim their accounts.
Fans can watch all of the matches across every screen by downloading the FloSports app on iOS, Roku, or Apple TV 4, as well as on desktop and mobile web via FloBowling.com.