NBC Sports Gold Cycling Pass Brings U.S. Fans Closer to European Action
NBC Sports Gold — NBC Sports Digital’s direct-to-consumer live streaming product — has launched its “Cycling Pass” for the 2018-19 season, giving fans in the U.S. access to premiere cycling races from July 2018 through June 2019, beginning with the Tour de France.
The “Cycling Pass” features live, commercial-free, start-to-finish coverage of every stage of the Tour de France, and includes two ways to watch — an ad-free World Feed with nearly 20 bonus hours of coverage, or the NBC Sports telecast feed featuring commentators Phil Liggett and Paul Sherwen.
NBC Sports Gold’s live stream of the 2018 Tour de France also includes access to a live GPS tracking map to follow the riders’ progress, an enhanced interactive map for each stage, the ability to pause the video, full stage video replay, highlights, and short‐form video clips, and more. In addition, for the first time, NBC Sports Gold’s coverage of the Vuelta a España will include data rich features in the stream.
The direct-to-consumer pass, powered by Playmaker Media, will stream coverage live and on-demand, to desktops, mobile, tablets, and connected TV devices.
NBC Sports Gold’s “Cycling Pass” includes live streaming coverage, full event replays, and highlights for all 21 stages of the Grand Tour races Tour de France and Vuelta a España, Monument Classics, including Paris–Roubaix and Liège-Bastogne-Liège, UCI Mountain Bike and Road World Championships, the Amgen Tour of California, and more. The “Cycling Pass” can be purchased in advance of the 2018 Tour de France for $49.99 starting today by visiting NBCSportsGold.com.
Additional elements of NBC Sports Gold’s Tour de France coverage include:
Before the Tour:
- Stage-by-stage descriptions and previews, featuring historical stage and technical information, as well as travelogue vignettes
- Breakdown of top contenders
- Full event replays of every stage of the 2017 Tour de France
During the Tour:
- Live streaming video
- More than 30 hours of exclusive bonus HD video coverage
- Full stage video replays including highlights, stage recaps, and rider interviews
- Route and stage previews, course and stage maps, elevation profiles, and stage descriptions
- GPS race tracking presented in three ways: a list of rider groups on the road, a live profile of the stage, and a live map of the stage
- Live stage results and detailed standings
- Rider profiles by country and team
- News feed for each stage providing minute-by-minute updates from the race, and real time commentary feeds from media covering the Tour
The platform will host the data in easy-to-use organized tabs, including “Feed” for news, “Track” for GPS, “Standings” for rider standings in every jersey category, “Riders” for comprehensive rider information, and “More” for additional data about the Tour and NBC Sports Gold’s coverage.
The NBC Sports Gold app is available on Apple iOS, Android, Apple TV V4, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast, and online at NBCSportsGold.com. NBC Sports Gold is powered by Playmaker Media, NBC Sports Digital’s technology service which provides end-to-end support for companies in need of best-in-class live streaming and VOD solutions.