Dimetis Launches BOSS BROADCAST Manager Platform
Dimetis BOSS BROADCAST Manager is a comprehensive broadcast management and control software platform for monitoring, configuring, and controlling streaming facilities, multiplex centers, IPTV, Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB), and Advanced Television Systems (ATSC/HDTV). It is a true multi-vendor broadcast network management software application that can monitor a large number of devices independent of manufacturer and technology, while hiding the complexity from the user.
- New Configuration Management – Easier configuration of all components, metadata, and signals in the network by automated workflows.
- Event Scheduler – Scheduling and initiation of multiplex configuration changes upon event boundaries. This enables up to 18 services to be configured automatically and simultaneously.
- New Fault Management – The Error Correlation Engine automatically initiates a redundancy switching process in case of failure, in order to improve service quality. The improved root cause analysis provides robust troubleshooting.
- Inventory – Maintains real-time information of the entire broadcast network facility (both physical and logical).
- Activation Engine – Utilizes the configuration sequence from inventory and communicates with devices or respective element managers using different protocols. Activation can be triggered by the event scheduler or from fault management.