National Women’s Hockey League To Live Stream Games on Twitter in 2018-19
Twitter and the National Women’s Hockey League (NWHL) announced a partnership to live stream games for the second consecutive season.
The “Twitter NWHL Game of the Week” will feature 16 regular season games, the 2019 NWHL All-Star Game, and the Isobel Cup Playoffs. The games are produced by the NWHL and the streams are exclusive to Twitter in the live windows.
The global live stream will be available for free to logged-in and logged-out users on Twitter and connected devices. Fans will be able to access the live stream via @NWHL.
“We are excited for the return of live NWHL games this season to Twitter,” says TJ Adeshola, Head of US Sports Partnerships at Twitter. “Passionate hockey fans around the globe will continue to be able to view live exciting game action along with the robust conversation all in one place on Twitter.”
As part of the agreement, Twitter and the NWHL will collaborate on marketing and promotion of the league and broadcasts. The live stream on Twitter will also include advertising packages with TV-style ad spots.
“Twitter has been an invaluable partner to us, and we’re delighted to present the Twitter Game of the Week for our second season,” says NWHL Founder and Commissioner Dani Rylan. “Twitter has helped significantly increase the NWHL audience and given our professional women’s hockey players a deserving global spotlight.”
The 2018 Isobel Cup Final between the Riveters and Buffalo generated an audience on Twitter of more than 900,000. The NWHL All-Star Game in February drew 580,000 viewers.
2018-19 Twitter NWHL Broadcast Schedule (all times ET)
- Oct. 6, 5:00 Metropolitan at Minnesota
- Oct. 13, 1:30 Connecticut at Buffalo
- Oct. 20, 2:00 Minnesota at Metropolitan (Prudential Center)
- Oct. 27, 7:30 Buffalo at Minnesota
- Nov. 18, 2:00 Connecticut at Metropolitan
- Nov. 25, 2:00 Connecticut at Metropolitan
- Dec. 1, 7:30 Boston at Minnesota
- Dec. 9, 2:00 Boston at Metropolitan
- Dec. 29, 2:00 Minnesota at Buffalo (Key Bank Arena)
- Jan. 5, 1:30 Boston at Buffalo
- Jan. 12, 1:30 Metropolitan at Buffalo
- Jan. 19, 7:30 Connecticut at Minnesota
- Jan. 26, 1:30 Boston at Buffalo
- Feb. 2, 2:00 Buffalo at Metropolitan
- Feb. 9 &10 NWHL All-Star Weekend (times and location TBA)
- Feb. 24, 3:00 Boston at Connecticut
- March 3, 3:00 Buffalo at Metropolitan
- March 9–17 Isobel Cup Playoffs (times and locations TBA)