SVG Sports Broadcasting Fund Available to Those Impacted by California Wildfires
Applications for expedient financial support being accepted
SVG’s Sports Broadcasting Fund is available to those whose homes have suffered damage or been destroyed due to the recent spate of wildfires that have engulfed parts of California. The Fund can assist with costs related to temporary housing and other costs for those in the sports TV production community.
“The Sports Broadcasting Fund was created for situations just like this as those who may have been impacted may find themselves having to fund a gap between what has occurred and when insurance payments and other support will be approved and available,” says Ken Kerschbaumer, SVG, Co-executive director, editorial services. To apply for aid please click here.
The Fund, established in 2012 by the Sports Video Group, is designed to offer financial support for industry professionals who find themselves in a difficult financial spot due to calamity, illness, injury, or loss of life. To donate today please click here.
The goal is simple: to be available as a “first responder” and to quickly help those we help pay bills so that recipients can stretch their own cash reserves so that stress related to financial challenges are not piled onto an already stressful situation.
The Fund does not ask for intimate financial records but we do require an “Advocate Referee,” who can be a friend, colleague, mentor, employer or associate of the applicant, to sign off on and submit all applications with proper documentation (for example, copies of bills to paid).
- Applicants must have worked in the sports broadcasting production industry for one year.
- Immediate family members of those employed in the sports broadcasting field may be eligible for grants.
- Applicants must be U.S. or Canadian residents.
- Grants typically do not exceed $5,000.
- Individuals may apply and receive not more than two (3) grants. Multiple gifts will be made only after all other resources are exhausted.
- All grants will paid directly to vendors, and must be used for those documented expense such as, medicine, medical equipment, rent/mortgage payments, oxygen, clothing, funeral expenses etc.
- All grants will require documentation, invoices or receipts before being paid.
- Please note, the Sports Broadcasting Fund has been established to provide short-term assistance to those in need rather than long-term support.