NAB 2019: Zype Playout Powers Live IP-Based Streams
Zype introduced Zype Playout to empower VidOps teams to quickly build and launch broadcast-quality linear live IP-based streams using their existing video libraries. Zype Playout offers easy-to-use workflows for transforming playlists of videos into IP- delivered linear live streams, including slate and ad timing management, as well as scheduling, packaging, and broadcasting linear channels for distribution.
Zype will be demonstrating Playout during the NAB Show from April 8 -11 at the Las Vegas Convention center. Visit booth SU11312 for a presentation of Zype Playout at the following dates and times:
- Monday, April 8, at 11 a.m. & 4 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 9, at 11 a.m. & 3 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 10, at 11 a.m.
“Zype Playout helps video product teams navigate the challenging linear live broadcasting landscape and grow their distribution footprint,” says Ed Laczynski, CEO at Zype. ”We are excited to help video innovators program and distribute linear channels to OTT marketplaces, social media, and vMVPDs with a robust API and dashboard.”
Zype Playout supports distribution to existing owned and operated websites and video apps, as well as popular video streaming destinations including Twitch, YouTube, vMVPDS like SlingTV, and any other destination that can receive RTMP, MPEG-TS, or HLS streams.
Zype Playout features workflows for selecting and ordering a playlist of on-demand videos to create a linear program run down, managing ad timings, and scheduling linear channels for publishing and distribution. Zype Playout handles the complex process of normalizing video bitrates, renditions and aspect ratios for videos in a playlist to ensure that they can be stitched together as part of a high-quality, IP-based linear live channel.
Zype Playout continues to build on Zype’s mission of offering the best and most complete video infrastructure that allows product teams to build and launch amazing video products.
Additional Features of Zype Playout Include:
- Works seamlessly with Zype’s VideoMeta content management system, to help video teams save time, improve quality, and ensure governance of video data by managing video streaming material and metadata in one place
- Enterprise-class quality and reliability, backed by a strong SLA and Zype’s Customer Support team
- No on-premise hardware needed, and integrates well with third-party distribution environments like Zixi.