Monumental Sports & Entertainment Details Phase II of Renovations at Capital One Arena
Monumental Sports & Entertainment has announced the completion of the second phase of renovations and upgrades to the fan experience at Capital One Arena as part of an additional $30 million renovation investment in the venue. The entirely privately-funded project complemented the $40 million renovation at the arena the summer of 2018.
“With this latest round of renovations and upgrades at Capital One Arena, we have raised the game once again in terms of best-in-class arena experience for sports and entertainment,” says David Touhey, president, venues, Monumental Sports & Entertainment. “Features such as one of the largest 360-degree continuous screen in sports and access to live-action, stats, and betting lines via dual-vision corner boards and the 9,000 square foot SkyRing make Capital One Arena one of the top digitally-integrated venues in the world.”
Capital One Arena has utilized the latest in LED video technology to completely transform the in-arena experience and bring fans closer than ever to all the action. The commitment to best-in-class LED displays began with Phase I Renovations which updated more than 350 arena network television screens, 85 98-inch screens, 50 55-inch screens, and 23 large format LED boards around the concourse, allowing fans to experience the best of sports technology as they enjoy one of the premier arenas in the country.
“Investing in the best technology available to provide fans with a superior in-venue experience is incredibly important to us at Monumental,” says Jim Van Stone, president/chief commercial officer, Monumental Sports & Entertainment “From a business perspective, the massive LED capabilities at Capital One Arena will provide our partners with unprecedented ability to reach fans through innovative content.”
One of the Largest 360-Degree Continuous Video Screens in Sports
A new centerhung scoreboard will feature:
- One of the largest 360-degree continuous video screen of any arena in the United States with over 7,000 total square feet of SMART LED display
- Eight distinct display areas, delivering not just video of the action but real-time stats, scores, and updates
- First-ever 4mm pixel pitch with eight sizes and a retractable display
- Ability to retract for customized and enhanced fan entertainment
- Sightlines for VIP seatholders to underbelly screens for live game and replay action
Two-Sided DualTV Boards
Four two-sided, curved DualTV boards in the corners of the arena will ensure every fan has a premium view of all the action and feature live-action, statistics, betting lines and other news items. The boards boast more than 2,200 square feet of HD LED video display arena-side and the first back-side LED video display in the industry. Over 1,000 square feet of HD LED video display on the back-side will deliver stats and scores alongside live-action.
A Gravity-Defying SkyRing Display
For the first time in an indoor arena, Capital One Arena features an incredible SkyRing that will feature over 9,000 square feet of LED video, wrapping the roofline of the arena bowl.
- Measures 390 feet in diameter – the largest display in any U.S. arena to date
- Over 9,250 square feet of LED display area
- 1,230 square foot circumference wraps the arena
- HD with true-to-color quality
Wrapped to Perfection Ribbon Boards
All ribbon boards received an update with new, unrivaled 10mm LED boards delivering an exceptional picture for fans.
- Updated Upper and Lower Fascia ribbons with 1,600 square feet of brand-new LED
- Addition of two new end zone ribbons adding more than 1,040 additional square feet of LED display to Capital One Arena
- True-to-color quality
New LED Sports and Bowl Lighting
All sports and seating lighting were replaced with new LED lighting.
- Tunable white fixtures for customizable sports lighting
- Color-changing LED lights for customized arena bowl lighting
- Stronger lumen output per fixture
- Environmentally conscientious 60 to 75 percent energy-use reduction
Modernized 200 Level Concourse and Updated Suites
The Kettler Loft 200 level concourse joined the previously-renovated 100 and 400 levels in receiving a complete makeover, including new flooring, new lighting, and sleek new décor. Suites also received new seats and carpeting.
“An essential piece of the puzzle towards an ultimate fan experience at Capital One Arena was to create a web of digital media, where fan engagement and interactivity grab the eye of every visitor,” says Joseph Bocko, president, Colosseo USA. “Colosseo’s unique innovations in centerhung video board design and LED SkyRing are setting a bar in applied technologies for sports and entertainment venues of the future. Colosseo is proud to assist Capital One Arena in becoming the most advanced venue in regards to the capabilities of applied technologies.”