Esports Production Summit: How Experts Plan and Execute During Current Venue Boom
Esports-focused venues are popping up across North America, and, with the Overwatch League and Call of Duty League set to start home and away games next year, the esports industry appears on the verge of a massive building boom. Esports venues must be extremely flexible since competitions run the gamut in terms of size and style. In addition, esports attendees expect a fully immersive experience beyond just on-stage competition.
At last month’s SVG Esports Production Summit, esports-venue experts addressed best practices in designing and operating a venue, as well as what they expect in this rapidly growing sector.
Moderated by SVG Associate Editor Kristian Hernandez, the panel included:
- Kristin Connelly, senior director, marketing, Overwatch League
- Corey Dunn, VP of broadcast, Esports Stadium Arlington/president, Esports Locker
- Jud Hannigan, co-founder and CEO, Allied Esports International
- Bob Jordan CVE, CEO, 1337 Facilities/founder, Venue Road
- Brian Mirakian, senior principal and director, brand activation, Populous