Esports Production Summit: The Technology That Makes Major Events Tick
In recent years, no live-production sector has pushed the boundaries of technology more than esports has. In an effort to create a unique fan experience, live-esports producers have embraced a wealth of next-gen technologies and workflows, including AR and virtual graphics, UHD cameras/lenses and in-venue LED displays, cloud- and object-based storage, unique data and stats integrations, and the at-home–production model.
At last month’s SVG Esports Production Summit, hear from tech leaders on how these groundbreaking tools are changing esports production.
Moderated by SVG Editorial Director Ken Kerschbaumer, the panel included:
- Vince Auletta, director, media solutions, Swiftstack
- David Hoffman, manager, business development, Blackmagic Design Americas
- Cameron Reed, manager, business development, esports, Ross Video
- Larry Thorpe, senior fellow, imaging technologies and communications group, professional engineering and solutions division, Canon U.S.A.
- Jared Timmins, VP, advanced technology, Grass Valley