Call for White Papers: SVG SportsTech Journal, Spring 2020
Proposal overview is due by Jan. 22; deadline for final submission is Feb. 21
The Sports Video Group is soliciting White Paper proposals for inclusion in the Spring 2020 edition of the SVG SportsTech Journal, which will be released in mid April. The SportsTech Journal will address the latest trends and technologies from across the sports-video–production landscape, including an in-depth look at Super Bowl LIV and the College Football Playoff National Championship, as well as a preview of the 2020 NAB Show in Las Vegas.
Interested parties must submit a 200- to 300-word overview of the proposed White Paper by Wednesday, Jan. 22, in order to be considered for submission. Accepted submissions will be notified on Friday, Jan. 24.
THE FINAL WHITE PAPER MUST BE SUBMITTED NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, FEB. 21.
Please include two images and captions with your White Paper.
Email all proposals and questions concerning submissions to Karen Hogan Ketchum at [email protected]
SVG White Paper Policies
- White Papers must be between 1,000 and 1,500 words. White Papers longer than 1,500 words will be edited to fit space constraints.
- White Papers must be written by a technology or engineering expert and focus on broad industry challenges and possible solutions. Proposals that focus on or pitch a company’s product or solution are strongly discouraged.
- White Papers are selected for publication by the SVG Editorial Team. The SVG Editorial Team reserves the right to select which White Papers will be published in the SportsTech Journal. In some instances, the SVG Editorial Team may request a rewrite of White Papers that do not meet our editorial standards (for example, a White Paper that focuses on or pitches a company’s product or solution).
- Companies may have only one (1) White Paper published in SVG’s SportsTech Journal (Spring or Fall) per 12-month period. For example, if your company’s White Paper was published in Fall 2019, that company is not eligible for publication in Spring 2020.
- Companies that submitted White Paper proposals that were not selected for publication are eligible to submit for the following SportsTech Journal.
- Submitting a proposal DOES NOT guarantee that your company’s White Paper will be accepted and published in the SportsTech Journal. However, all White Papers are eligible to be posted on www.sportsvideo.org at the company’s request.