CES 2020: Seagate Technology Ups Storage Capabilities With Gaming SSD, Lyve Drive Mobile System
At CES 2020, Seagate Technology has added new high-performance external solutions to its line of storage for gamers. In addition, the company introduced a modular storage solution to manage the surge of enterprise, cloud, and edge data.
Designed as the perfect companion to Seagate’s recently released FireCuda Gaming Dock, the portable FireCuda Gaming SSD delivers performance to help scorch the competition. Purpose-built for gamers, it marries Seagate’s premium FireCuda NVMe 510 SSD and the latest cutting-edge SuperSpeed USB 20Gb/s (USB 3.2 Gen2×2) interface, delivering staggering read speeds of up to 2000MB/s1.
Optimized for performance and high on style, the drive offers capacities of 500GB, 1TB, and 2TB and features a signature chisel metal enclosure with customizable RGB LED lighting. Gamers can personalize the drive’s full-range RGB LED with the free Seagate Toolkit software and synchronize the LEDs with a FireCuda Gaming Dock, creating an immersive setup.
Also new to the Seagate SSD line-up is the BarraCuda Fast SSD offering 500GB, 1TB, and 2TB of capacity. With mobile gamers and active power users in mind, the SATA SSD external drive features rapid read/write speeds of up to 540 MB/s1 for improved gameplay and quick file transfers. Pocket-sized, the sleek drive features an attractive green LED and offers versatility with a USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C port. It is PC and Mac (exFAT) compatible out of the box, includes Seagate’s Toolkit with simple backup and sync, and a complimentary two-month subscription to the Adobe Creative Cloud® Photography Plan2.
Available in March, the FireCuda Gaming SSD includes a five-year limited warranty and retails for $189.99 (500GB), $259.99 (1TB), and $499.99 (2TB). Seagate’s BarraCuda Fast SSD is available this February, offers a three-year limited warranty, and retails for $94.99 (500GB), $169.99 (1TB), and $299.99 (2TB).
Lyve Drive Mobile System
Seagate’s Lyve Drive Mobile System is a portfolio of simple, secure, and efficient data management solutions built to activate the datasphere.
Powered by IT 4.0 — the fourth wave of industrial revolution within IT — where connected homes, connected cities, AI-powered factories, autonomous vehicles, and media and entertainment content drive explosive data growth, the global datasphere is forecasted to grow from 41 zettabytes in 2019 to 175 zettabytes by 2025, according to a recent IDC study sponsored by Seagate. Nearly 30% of that data will need real-time processing. Seagate’s Lyve Drive system enables efficient and cost effective movement of this data between enterprise, cloud, and the edge.
“Data empowers those who can harness and activate it,” said Jeff Fochtman, vice president, marketing, Seagate. “However, today’s data management tools are too costly and inefficient for businesses to tap into data’s full value. Lyve Drive is Seagate’s first step toward a unified data experience, which will turn data’s possibilities into tangible growth for the world’s most critical industries.”
Developed to address the growing need to move massive amounts of data from endpoints to edge to core, Seagate’s Lyve Drive Mobile System is a collection of modular storage solutions built to help businesses be more efficient and grow. During CES, Seagate will showcase the revolutionary system and several key product concepts in the line including:
- Lyve Drive Cards and Lyve Drive Card Reader
- High capacity, high-performance 1TB CFexpress cards and a portable card reader for ingesting endpoint data sources.
- Lyve Drive Shuttle
- An autonomous data storage and transport solution for easy ingestion from direct-attached, network-attached, and other external storage devices. It offers up to 16TB of capacity depending on HDD or SSD configuration, and an e-ink touchscreen display to copy files directly without a PC.
- Lyve Drive Mobile Array
- A sealed, high-performance, 6-bay array that is ruggedized and easy to transport. The mobile array displayed at CES will feature 6 of Seagate’s 18TB Exos HAMR (heat-assisted magnetic recording) hard drives for a total capacity of 108TB.
- Lyve Drive Modular Array
- A high-performance 4-bay array with flexible configuration so businesses can build what they need for a particular workflow. The high-capacity modular array displayed at CES will include Seagate’s Exos 2X14 enterprise hard drive, which is the first to integrate Seagate’s groundbreaking MACH.2 multi-actuator technology.
- Lyve Drive Rackmount Receiver
- A high-performance datacenter 4U rackmount ingestion hub that accepts two Lyve Drive arrays for high-speed data transfer directly into a data center fabric without the need of cables.