Ncam Technologies Improves Unreal Engine With New AR Suite
Ncam Technologies is releasing an entirely new suite of tools for the Unreal Engine that provide a complete solution for delivering photorealistic virtual production in real-time.
The Ncam AR Suite is available as either a Lite or Standard version. Both versions include all the essential tools, an open-source framework, and augmented reality pipelines to empower you to unleash your creative potential and easily bring real-time, photorealistic augmented reality to your productions. Highlights include:
Ncam AR Suite Lite
Compatible with Unreal Engine 4.23.X or 4.24.X and is included with Ncam Reality.
- Complete solution for producing Virtual Studio and Virtual Overlay augmented reality within UE4.
- Open source, modular and extensible design.
- An intuitive wizard allows new virtual production projects to be created and configured in minutes.
- Provided with complete video tutorials, quick start guide and reference manual.
- Built from the ground up using native UE4 frameworks to integrate seamlessly with:
- Live Link – Providing instant, live camera tracking data to UE4.
- Media Framework – Supporting combinations of AJA and Black Magic SDI cards up to 6G 4k.
- Composure – For configurable compositing of live video, virtual graphics and visual effects.
- Sequencer – To record and replay Ncam camera tracking.
- Multi-User Editing – Allowing many Ncam cameras to share one virtual space that can be modified live.
- nDisplay – To drive LED walls using Ncam tracking data including off-axis (POV) projection.
- Timecode Synchronizer – For perfectly aligning all data sources together.
- Greatly improved performance over the previous NcamAR plug-in.
Ncam AR Suite
Compatible with Unreal Engine 4.23.X or 4.24.X and available to customers on a subscription model.
- Includes all features of Ncam AR Suite Lite and extends it with advanced rendering pipelines.
- Photographic and rendering effects boost realism:
- Depth Of Field – Naturally pull focus to and from virtual objects.
- Screen Space Reflections – See the video stream reflected in the virtual objects.
- Virtual Overlay – Render and composite virtual objects seamlessly into a live video stream:
- Shadow Receivers (Hold Outs) – Cast shadows from virtual objects onto the video stream.
- Virtual Studio – Virtual replacement of green screen and compositing with keyed elements:
- 3D Garbage Mattes – Mask areas of the video to extend your virtual scene past the edges of the green screen.
- Support for the Ncam Keyer and Real Depth.
- Two extended rendering modes add more experimental and advanced features:
- Lens Flare and Bloom – Advanced optical effects.
- Light-Wrap – Seamless blending of the edges of virtual elements with the video stream.