Sony TRIMASTER Series Unfurls New 4K HDR Monitors
Sony Electronics has made available its new set of high-grade 4K HDR monitors from Sony’s TRIMASTER range in the U.S. The PVM-X2400 (24’’) and the PVM-X1800 (18.4’’) professional 4K HDR monitors — first unveiled and demonstrated at the BSC Expo 2020 in London — set new standards in professional monitor performance.
The monitors provide high picture quality and accurate color reproduction thanks to Sony’s specified and dedicated panels, which offer ultra-high definition with a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels and an impressive brightness of all-white luminance of 1000 cd/m2. For optimum film production, their wide color gamut matches the BVM-HX310 TRIMASTER HX master monitor. This means both monitors offer accurate color reproduction and precise greyscale, giving filmmakers a reliable tool to help make critical imaging decisions and faithful color matching throughout the workflow. With its compact size and high portability, the monitors are aimed to expand footprints in 4K HDR production, including versatile applications such as on-set monitoring, non-linear video editing, studio wall monitoring, and rack-mount monitoring in OB trucks or machine rooms.
The monitors also feature new Black Detail High/Mid/Low, which helps maintain accurate color reproduction by reducing the brightness of the backlight to reproduce the correct colors and gradations in low-luminance areas. Another new function, Dynamic Contrast Drive, dynamically changes backlight luminance to adapt to each scene or frame when transferring images from PVM-X2400/X1800 to existing Sony OLED monitor. This functionality allows filmmakers to check the highlight and low light balance of the contents with both bright and dark scenes.
Key features of the new reference monitors include:
- TRIMASTER technology offering precise greyscale and accurate color reproduction, achieving 100 percent color gamut coverage of the BVM-HX310 master monitor
- 4K resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels and HDR capabilities
- New Black Detail High/Mid/Low to reproduce the correct colors and gradations in low-luminance areas
- Dynamic contrast ratio of 1,000,000:1 by Dynamic Contrast Drive, a new backlight driving system that dynamically changes the backlight luminance to adapt for each frame of a scene
- 4K/HD scopes with HDR scales that are Waveform/Vector
- Quad View display and User 3D LUT functionality
- 12G/6G/3G/HD-SDI with auto-configuration
The PVM-X2400 and the PVM-X1800 professional 4K HDR monitors will be available in the U.S. starting in July 2020.