ISE 2020: Sony Highlights Solutions for Educational, Workplace Environments
Sony Professional Solutions demonstrates a bold vision to create the ideal future for education and work at ISE 2020, as it reveals its latest AV and IT solutions on stand 1-N20. These include a new beamforming microphone MAS-A100 for lectures and presentations, an upgrade to the transformative workplace management solution with TEOS 2.2, and significant expansions of laser projectors.
Visitors to the stand can meet experts from Sony to discuss how digital technologies are reshaping our organisations and the importance of adaptability, flexibility and personalisation today, while offering first-hand insight into the latest Sony products and solutions through interactive demonstrations. Attendees will also experience an impressive 4K x 2K Crystal LED display system with breath-taking visuals and new interactive content.
“Technology is reshaping every aspect of our modern lives. At Sony we’re dedicated to helping our customers harness the full potential of modern technologies to create their ideal future, whether that’s in education, at work or elsewhere. This is why we are proud to showcase our latest line up of advanced products and solutions here at ISE 2020,” explains Daniel Hancox, Group Manager, Sony Professional Solutions, Australia and New Zealand. “From our ground-breaking new beamforming microphone to impressive additions for our comprehensive workplace management solution TEOS. We are introducing innovations that build on decades of experience and are the result of Sony creating solutions together with our customers and industry partners.”
The future of education
Sony is expanding its range of advanced solutions for delivering, recording and streaming engaging presentations and video content in education environments. All solutions will be combined in the live demo setting to showcase the advanced teaching and learning experience.
- MAS-A100 is a new IP-based ceiling beamforming microphone enabling flexible and creative “hands-free” lectures and presentations. It offers advanced clear audio for speech reinforcement and recording with a unique combination of beamforming technology and its unique Intelligent Feedback Reducer function. The microphone can also be easily integrated into existing AV setups with the Dante® digital audio-over-IP networking standard.
- Edge Analytics Appliance (REA-C1000) enables users to create impactful video content with minimal resources. The Artificial Intelligence-powered solution features automatic handwriting extraction from black and white boards, a Chroma key-less CG Overlay feature to extract the presenter and overlay them onto any background without the need for a dedicated backscreen or specialist training. The PTZ Auto Tracking also keeps presenters in frame throughout their presentation by accurately and smoothly tracking a presenter.
- UbiCast, an easy-to-use automated solution that allows corporate and education organisations to create and share dynamic, searchable, feature-rich video content. UbiCast will also showcase a new generation of video recorders to support the latest SRG cameras. Sony’s audio Auto Gain Control and Noise Reduction plugins will be included in these video recorders and the video platform to deliver an enhanced audio experience to online viewers.
The future of work
Sony’s TEOS continues to play a critical role in transforming workspaces to increase productivity, efficiency and employee engagement in over 200 organisations across 28 countries to date, including Capgemini and Siemens. The latest updates to the TEOS line-up provide users with the most comprehensive set of tools to work more collaboratively and flexibly. TEOS 2.2 uses the advances in IoT sensor technology to boost integration and unlock efficiencies with 20 new functionalities and features. These include tailored Smart Automation options, a new customisable Meeting Display interface and an intuitive Outlook integration for room booking, reception sign-in and content sharing.
- 4 new TEB-XP Professional Tablets – available in a range of sizes from 7” – 22” for meeting rooms, classrooms and reception areas
- 4K Android Player – for mirroring signage and meeting room display content via Connect for TEOS.
- Two new smart sensors – a desk sensor to measure occupancy and a meeting room sensor to measure both occupancy and CO2 levels
Visitors to the stand can also see demonstrations of 7 models in the range of Sony’s BRAVIA Professional Displays, which combine exceptional picture quality and design with advanced professional features to meet the AV needs of any organisation.
The future of laser projection
From entry-level through to premium projectors, Sony offers a solution for any space and budget, whether in classrooms and conference venues or museums and churches. All new laser projectors will also support the Intelligent Setting feature to simplify installation, with pre-sets that adjust brightness, cooling system, colour and other projector settings for optimal performance based on the environment the projectors are used in.
- VPL-FHZ131L is the newest and brightest premium WUXGA projector from Sony, boasting outputs of 13,000lm. With 100% S-RGB colour space reproduction and high contrast of ∞:1, they deliver incredibly bright, engaging and immersive images. Its wide lens shift capability and an optional short-throw lens VPLL-Z4107 can increase the flexibility of installation in the venues where the throw distance is limited.
Sony also plans to launch the following projectors from June 2020 onwards, which will not be showcased at ISE.
- VPL-FHZ101L and VPL-FHZ91L are also the premium WUXGA projectors, boasting outputs of 10,000lm and 9,000lm respectively.
- VPL-PHZ12 is the new Sony mid-range 5,000lm WUXGA laser projector using a 0.76-inch LCD panel with its incorporated optical compensator. The model delivers bright, vibrant images with high contrast of ∞:1 and true-to-life colour reproduction.
- VPL-CWZ10 is the new, industry’s most compact 5,000lm WXGA laser projector on the market. The projector is approximately 40% smaller and 35% lighter when compared with conventional model (VPL-PWZ10). Affordable cost and low maintenance make it a sensible, entry-level laser-based replacement for lamp models.
For those seeking multiple projectors for different purposes across a single location, the Sony line-up offers high quality reproductions from both still image data and video playback, as well as unification in colour tone, controllability, design, and integration, regardless of use case or room size.
The future of broadcasting solutions
An area of the Sony stand will be dedicated to its portfolio of Media Solutions designed to meet the needs for simple and cost-effective content creation in education and corporate organisation and enable them to realise their vision. Stand demonstrations will include:
- Virtual Production – an on-demand cloud production service that provides a complete production toolset for multi-platform content creation and delivery.
- Professional Camcorders – bringing outstanding image quality, versatility and leading-edge technology to every level of content creation, Sony will be showcasing a range of camcorders with 4K and HDR capability.
- Professional Audio – high sound quality solutions from Sony, including the DWX Series digital wireless microphone with Dante support as well as compact and lightweight UWP-D series, built on its 60 years of experience in redefining the creative and technical possibilities for live recording or recorded sound.
- New Camera Remote Software Development Kit – On show for the first time, the new SDK for select α™ (Alpha™), Sony’s Interchangeable Lens Digital Cameras, allows developers and integrators to create bespoke applications such as to remotely control cameras for tailored usage requirements.
Sony will be exhibiting at stand 1-N20 at RAI Amsterdam from February 11 – 14.