ESPN8: The Ocho Makes a Return on March 22
ESPN8: The Ocho will return on Sunday, March 22 on ESPN2 for a full 24-hours of seldom-seen sports. This will be the fourth edition of ESPN8: The Ocho since the initiative began in the summer of 2017.
- Stupid Robot Fighting League: Created in New Zealand by John Espin (Yes, that is his actual name.), Stupid Robot Fighting is a rather unique form of fighting that pits two life-sized hanging puppets controlled by an operator sitting behind each Stupid Robot.
- 2019 Jelle’s Marble Runs: Races in which both participants and spectators are marbles.
- Cherry Pit Spitting: The 46th Annual Cherry Pit-Spitting Competition is held each year in Eau Claire, Mich., with one goal for competitors—to spit the farthest cherry pit.
- Sign Spinning: The 12th Annual World Sign Spinning Championship, held in Las Vegas, brought together AArrow Sign Spinners from more than 50 cities and a dozen countries to asses style, execution, and technical sign spinning ability.
- 2007 World Sport Stacking Championships: Sport stacking can be an individual or team sport where participants stack specially designed cups in predetermined sequences as fast as possible.
- 2019 Death Diving World Championship: An amateur diving sport performed from a 10m platform with separate competitions for Classic and Freestyle.
Cue that “palpable hue of anticipation” . . .
Here is the full schedule of events on ESPN8: The Ocho:
Sun, Mar 22
Johnsonville ACL Cornhole Championships: 2020 Kickoff Battle
- 2 a.m.
World Axe Throwing League: 2019 World Championship
- 4 a.m.
U.S. Open Ultimate Championships
- 6 a.m.
2019 Spikeball College Championship
- 7 a.m.
2019 Las Vegas Highland Games
- 7:30 a.m.
Putt Putt Championships
- 8 a.m.
2019 IDEAL Electricians National Championship
- 9 a.m.
E:60 as part of The Ocho
- 9:30 a.m.
51st National Stone Skipping Competition
- 10:30 a.m.
2007 World Sport Stacking Championships
- 11:30 a.m.
2019 World Sign Spinning Championship
2006 Krystal World Hamburger Eating Championship
- 1 p.m.
2006 Johnsonville Brat Eating World Championship
- 2 p.m.
European TramDriver Championship
- 3 p.m.
2019 Stupid Robot Fighting League
- 3:30 p.m.
46th Annual Cherry Pit Spitting Championship
- 4 p.m.
Professional Arm Wrestling Championships
- 4:30 p.m.
2019 Golden Tee World Championship
- 5 p.m.
2018 Classic Tetris World Championship
- 5:30 p.m.
E:60 on ESPN8 Presented by Liberty Mutual
- 6:30 p.m.
America’s Dodgeball Continental Cup: USA vs. Canada
- 7:30 p.m.
2019 Jelle’s Marble Runs
- 8 p.m.
Slippery Stairs: College Tour
- 8:30 p.m.
2019 Death Diving World Championship
- 9:30 p.m.
Dodge Juggle 3
- 10:30 p.m.
Moxie Games 3