YES Network Powers on With Wave of Social Media Content
The YES Network has enhanced its social media offerings to engage fans amidst the COVID-19 crisis. YES continues this week with its three daily series as part of its “YES, We’re Here” social media initiative.
- Lunch time ET: (yesterday’s premiere with Meredith Marakovits and Sarah Kustok)
- Afternoon ET: (yesterday’s premiere with Bob Lorenz and Ian Joy)
- Evening ET: (yesterday’s premiere with Michael Kay and Ian Eagle)
Through the rest of this week, YES will post new episodes daily of all three shows on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and YESNetwork.com.
These follow on the heels of YES’ extensive existing social media efforts since sports were placed on hiatus:
- Marakovits conducted an interview on social media with Yankees manager Aaron Boone yesterday that touched on a number of topics, including how he keeps in touch with his players, Aaron Judge’s rehab, how Boone is passing time with no baseball, and more.
- Marakovits has continued conducting her interviews that she launched during Spring Training. Over the past week, she has interviewed Kay, Lorenz, Ryan Ruocco, Sarah Kustok, and Suzyn Waldman.
- Jack Curry has resurrected a popular staple of his Jack Curry TV digital series from a few years back – the opening of packs of baseball cards, this time while providing card-by-card commentary live on Twitter; his second “opening” occurred last evening
- YES will be simulating Yankees games, a Home Run Derby and other events via MLB The Show 20
- YES has launched a bracket game in which fans vote for the best Yankees player nickname.
- YES’ CenterStage shows are now available as podcasts
On the television side, YES has premiered three “Classics”:
- Last Thursday: Knicks vs. Nets, October 25, 2019 (Kyrie Irving scores 26 points in his second game as a Net)
- Last Friday: Bulls vs. Nets, January 31, 2020 (Kyrie Irving scores 54 points)
- Last Saturday: NYC FC vs. D.C. United, September 1, 2016 (Frank Lampard scores game-winner in stoppage time after being honored pre-game for recording 300 career goals
Finally, after contacting YES in hopes of lending a voice amidst the coronavirus crisis, Mariano Rivera appeared last Friday on ESPN Radio New York’s The Michael Kay Show, simulcast live on YES, and talked about the coronavirus crisis, the Houston Astros sign-stealing saga and more.