SVG College Sports Media Awards Update! 2020 Competition Is On With New Dates, No Entry Fees, and a Limit on Number of Entries
Entry deadline extended to May 13, while finalists will be named on June 3 with winners to be revealed on June 25
In response to the suspension of play across collegiate athletics due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Sports Video Group (SVG) is announcing sweeping changes to the 2020 edition of the SVG College Sports Media Awards in association with NACDA.
- The complete waiving of all entry fees
- An entry limitation of one per category per entity
- A new set of dates, including the entry deadline (May 10), the naming of finalists (June 3), and the naming of winners (June 25) to accommodate for these changes
Submit your entries today over at the SVG College Sports Media Awards website!
The new deadline to enter is May 13, 2020.
NO ENTRY FEES!
SVG is waiving all previously advertised entry fees for the 2020 edition of the SVG College Sports Media Awards in association with NACDA. This year’s competition is free to enter.
Here is the new structure:
NEW Entry Fees
Professional: NO ENTRY FEE (maximum one entry per category per entity)*
Conferences and Governing Bodies: NO ENTRY FEE (maximum one entry per category per entity)*
Collegiate Athletics: NO ENTRY FEE (maximum one entry per category per entity)*
Collegiate Student: NO ENTRY FEE (maximum one entry per category per entity)*
NEW ENTRY LIMITATIONS
With the removal of entry fees comes new limitations on the number of entries an entity may enter. Each entity may submit one entry to each category within the division in which they qualify (maximum of five total entries per division).
- For example, the America East Conference is eligible to compete in the Conferences and Governing Bodies division. The America East can enter a single entry in the Live Game Production, but can also enter another single entry in the Special Features category. As an entity, the America East is eligible to submit one entry in each of the five categories within its division.
Those same entities from the Conferences and Governing Bodies division, as well as the Collegiate Athletics division may also enter in the Collegiate Student division so long as they meet the predetermined qualifications for a Collegiate Student entry and under the same entry limitations as previously outlined.
- For example, War Eagle Productions at the University of Auburn may submit its maximum five entries in the Collegiate Athletics division while also remaining eligible to enter a maximum of five entries (one per category) in the Collegiate Student division (production work is completed solely by students*)
*In the case of the Live Game, Program or Event category, 80% of the production personnel must be students to be eligible.
While we hate having to limit the number of entries that you can submit, we feel it is a fair compromise to continue the competition while not charging entry fees. It will also prevent overwhelming our entry system and, more importantly, our prestigious judges who are generous in sharing their time and expertise.
NEW DATES OF IMPORTANCE!
As a result of these changes, SVG is pushing back key dates related to this year’s competition, including the entry deadline, the announcement of finalists, and the naming of winners.
- New Entry Deadline: All completed entries must be received by May 13, 2020
- New Date to Announce Finalists: All finalists will be announced on June 3, 2020
- New SVG College Sports Media Awards Ceremony Date: All winners will be announced on June 25, 2020
In addition, due to the suspension of play in collegiate athletics, the window of time from which entries are deemed eligible has changed.
- New Eligibility Window: Entries must have originally aired, streamed, been made available for download, or exhibited at a public event between March 1, 2019 and April 5, 2020.
At SVG, this competition means as much to us as it does to you. It’s truly our privilege to host an awards process that celebrates the hard work of so many talented individuals. It’s an honor and responsibility we treasure and take very seriously. We hope our efforts to keep this year’s competition reflects that.
Again, this are far from normal times, but this new structure will support a CSMAs process truly worthy of your participation. Good luck and we can’t wait to see your BEST OF THE BEST!
If you have questions regarding the changes to this year’s competition, please reach out to SVG College Director Brandon Costa at firstname.lastname@example.org.