Call for White Papers: SVG SportsTech Journal, Fall 2020
Proposal overview is due by July 22; deadline for final submission is August 12
The Sports Video Group is soliciting White Paper proposals for inclusion in the Fall 2020 edition of the SVG SportsTech Journal, which will be released in early September. The SportsTech Journal will address sports production operations during the coronavirus pandemic, provide an in-depth look at venue production and systems integration, and recap SVG’s slate of virtual events.
Interested parties must submit a 200- to 300-word overview of the proposed White Paper by Wednesday, July 22, in order to be considered for submission. Accepted submissions will be notified on Friday, July 24.
THE FINAL WHITE PAPER MUST BE SUBMITTED NO LATER THAN WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 12. Please include two (2) images and captions with your White Paper.
Email all proposals and questions concerning submissions to Karen Hogan Ketchum at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SVG White Paper Policies
- White Papers must be between 1,000 and 1,500 words. White Papers longer than 1,500 words will be edited to fit space constraints.
- White Papers must be written by a technology or engineering expert and focus on broad industry challenges and possible solutions. Proposals that focus on or pitch a company’s product or solution are strongly discouraged.
- White Papers are selected for publication by the SVG Editorial Team. The SVG Editorial Team reserves the right to select which White Papers will be published in the SportsTech Journal. In some instances, the SVG Editorial Team may request a rewrite of White Papers that do not meet our editorial standards (for example, a White Paper that focuses on or pitches a company’s product or solution).
- Companies may have only one (1) White Paper published in SVG’s SportsTech Journal (Spring or Fall) per 12-month period. For example, if your company’s White Paper was published in Spring 2020, your company is not eligible for publication in Fall 2020.
- Companies that submitted White Paper proposals for Spring 2020 that were not selected for publication are eligible to submit for the Fall 2020 SportsTech Journal.
- Submitting a proposal DOES NOT guarantee that your company’s White Paper will be accepted and published in the SportsTech Journal. However, all White Papers are eligible to be posted on www.sportsvideo.org at the company’s request.