MLB Returns: Fox Sports Augments MLB on Fox Telecasts With Virtual Fans
As Fox Sports embarks on its 25th season of MLB on Fox this Saturday, the network sets another milestone with the debut of its latest broadcasting innovation – introducing “virtual fans” to its live Major League Baseball broadcasts.
Click here to watch the full video of what’s to be expected.
Utilizing technology derived from Pixatope software, the network teams with Silver Spoon Animation and SMT to deliver an elevated viewing experience to sports fans around the nation.
The network will open up its 2020 MLB schedule with a matinee matchup in the NL Central featuring the Milwaukee Brewers and Chicago Cubs at 1 p.m. ET.
SVG’s Ken Kerschbaumer will have more coverage on Fox Sports’ deployment of virtual fans during the MLB season in the coming days.
Check out all of SVG’s ‘MLB Returns’ coverage:
- RSNs Take Over World Feed for All MLB Broadcasts, Customize for In-Market Fans
- ESPN Preps Normal Sunday Night Baseball Graphics Package for ‘Enhanced World Feed’
- Wearing Two Production Hats, MLB Network Deploys Full At-Home Model, Provides RSN Infrastructure
- Baseball Has Its Crowds on an iPad With Artificial Fan Noise
- As RSNs Handle World Feeds, Sinclair’s Fox Sports RSNs Shoulder Production Load
- NBC Sports Regional Networks Seeks Balance Between World Feed and Serving In-Market Fans
- NESN To Produce ‘Red Sox-ized’ In-Market Broadcasts in Addition to World Feed
- AT&T SportsNet RSNs Use Mix of Studio, Mobile Facilities for World Feed, In-Market Productions
- MASN Tested Early With Back-to-Back-to-Back World Feeds for National Broadcasts
- Fox Sports Augments MLB on Fox Telecasts With Virtual Fans
- …and stay tuned for more next week!