Fox Sports CEO Eric Shanks To Keynote Epic Games’ ‘Unreal Build: Broadcast & Live Events’ Virtual Event on June 16
Epic Games has announced a new free virtual event, Unreal Build: Broadcast & Live Events, which will bring together the thinkers from around the world for a half-day of informative and inspiring content. In addition, Epic will share a sneak peek of new features and upgrades coming in Unreal Engine 4.27 this summer.
Click HERE to register.
The event will be streamed twice on Wednesday, June 16 to accommodate varying regions, with the first showtime starting at 9 a.m. ET the second showtime starting at 2 p.m. ET. Both showtimes will include the opportunity for attendees to engage in live Q&As with speakers, Epic staff, and fellow attendees.
Keynote speakers include:
deadmau5 – Fireside Keynote
Known professionally as deadmau5, Joel Zimmerman is one of the most popular electronic music producers in the world due to his genre-defining soundscapes and indelible live visuals. In this fireside chat with Epic’s Solutions Architect Patrick Wambold, moderated by Senior Marketing Manager Dana Cowley, he’ll reflect on the role real-time technology can play in everything from stage previsualization and visual effects to virtual concerts and the eventual leap into the Metaverse.
FOX Sports CEO Eric Shanks – Fireside Keynote
As one of the inventors of the iconic “yellow first-down line” and the “glowing puck,” FOX Sports CEO Eric Shanks has been instrumental in elevating the viewing experience for sports fans. He will be joined by FOX Sports SVP of Graphics and Innovation Zac Fields for a fireside chat, moderated by Epic’s Head of LA Lab Connie Kennedy, covering how the network uses technology to tell a better story – including everything from virtual sets and AR to creating virtual crowds.
Additional sessions include:
- Connected by Wonder: When Physical and Virtual Worlds Collide
- Multimedia studio Moment Factory are experts in crafting the type of immersive destinations and events that help people rethink what’s possible in public spaces. See how recent experiments are informing their views of what really reaches people during a live broadcast or augmented experience.
- 24/7 Virtual Weather: Designing the Ultimate Weather Network
- The Weather Channel and its partners, Zero Density and Myreze, will share an inside look at the process of transforming the broadcast network, designing the ultimate center of weather and operationalizing a virtual platform and production that uses virtual presentations with live data visualizations, 365 days a year.
- Breaking Records: League of Legends, World Championships 2020
- Worlds, League of Legends’ top tournament, is one of the most popular events in all of esports. It’s also one of the longest, covering weeks of sustained competition. Find out what it takes to bring a live broadcast to 23 million viewers, with multi-camera/multi-frustum setups and game-responsive XR/AR driving the production.
- Designing Latin America’s First Virtual Music Festival
- Learn how Prismax moved the music festival experience online, turning Tecate Pa’l Norte Virtual into a must-see Latin American event during the height of COVID-19. Hear how they shifted from real to virtual, while exploring what they’ll take forward when things get back to normal.
- Lessons from the Field: Show Controls for Live XR
- Learn how All of it Now blends real-time and show control systems to make sure that their big moments never fall flat, including a recent experience for Fortnite, Rocket League, and House Party.
- Real Stories Using Unreal
- Al Arabiya makes stories come alive for audiences, bringing visual intrigue to topics that need more than words. Find out why interactive mixed reality and virtual environments have become daily tools for the Middle East’s leading news network.