Cloud Audio Forum: Chasing In-Cloud Production Virtualization, June 16
June 16, 2021
1:00 – 3:00 p.m. EDT
In the last decade, cloud-based media services have made possible the explosive growth of a multi-billion dollar direct-to-consumer TV industry. Traditional broadcasters also leverage global networking and cloud-services providers for a range of connectivity, master control, encoding, media asset management, and distribution tasks. Finally, recent months have witnessed the expansion of cloud services into live sports and entertainment production with increasingly sophisticated solutions from Grass Valley, Vizrt and others.
Many content creators in esports and elsewhere have been quick to embrace in-cloud production. As live remote production moves away from the venue, this trend is likely to accelerate. Rather than expanding capital-intensive production infrastructure, broadcasters will be tempted to leverage the cloud data centers that are simultaneously closer in time and bandwidth to the production, distribution, and control endpoints, and can be spun up and down as production demands.
Where does this leave audio? While there exist increasingly sophisticated solutions on the picture side, audio continues to lag behind. Will audio stay on the ground while the rest of the production floats up to the cloud? We will examine what audio solutions are being deployed now and how are vendors responding to meet future demands of in-cloud audio production. Join key technologists, solution providers, and notable early adopters to discuss the state of live audio production in the cloud.
- Roger Charlesworth, Executive Director DTV Audio Group
- Mike Cronk, Vice President, Advanced Technology, Grass Valley
- Tim Cuthberson, Director of Cloud Production, Advanced Systems Group
- Jeroen Dieks, Chief Product Officer, LAMA BV
- Martin Dyster, Product Director, Infinity Virtual Intercom Platform, Telos Alliance
- Alex Judd, Technical Specialist, Sky Sports
- Tom Knowles, Senior Product Manager, Solid State Logic
- David Light, Senior Broadcast Engineer, Blizzard Entertainment
- Rob Oldfield, Co-Founder and CEO, Salsa Sound Ltd.
- Anthony Sachot, Director Local Markets Engineering, Eurosport
- Tom Sahara, Media Technologist and Advisor
- Greg Shay, Chief Technology Officer, Telos Alliance
- Mark Stephens, Principal Solution Architect, Amazon Web Services
- Gary Thielman, President, Harrison Audio
Click HERE to register.